• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, it's the first Venom cover (well, I guess he's technically on 315 too).   But 316 is THE Venom cover.  It's always been a great cover and one of the most memorable of Todd's Spidey run.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232359372723?rmvSB=true

This one sold today, but I can get the best offer amount to come up.

18 hours ago, lightninglad said:

21 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Regardless, I don't see X 266 breaking past 100 consistently the past few weeks.  The only reason is I've had my eye on this issue very closely the last few months and they seem to be dropping in price IMO. 

Who knows, maybe it's breaking 100 on some other websites I haven't checked.(shrug)

I believe the term "getting close" was used. Case in point:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Uncanny-X-Men-266-NM-9-4-white-pages-/282514152356?hash=item41c727dba4:g:rgQAAOSwxu5ZOCxw

Here are the last 10 sales in order from newest to oldest raw copies. Now what I want you to pay attention too is the sliding scale of money. This is BIN or Auction.

$77.97
$80 BO
$66
$82.50
$80.00
$89.00 BO
$70
$64
$77
$76

Those are the last 10 sales. Except for a beater that sold for $50. Now if you go back and look at what I said I said was closing in on $100 and it is. 

Lets assume for a minute all the grades on the books are correct. Now when I filter for 9.6 I get the last 5 sales raw as this. 3 of them are $100 sales. This are also BIN or auction.
$100
$75
$63
$109
$109

Going one step farther I filter for 9.8 raw which is very dangerous for a seller IMO. Only
3 sales in this category. 

$108 - June 9th
$150 - May 29th
$130 - May 22nd

Now we can argue all day long about the condition of the books, but what you cant argue is when the grade goes up so does the value of the book.

Edited by fastballspecial

Thanks for the data.  I still stand behind my thought  that the value hasn't changed.  Typically most sold copies range around 60-70 and a few random NM + have always hovered around 100. 

Even as far back as 4 months ago in March, a NM copy sold for 138.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-266-High-Grade-NM-1st-Full-Appearance-of-Gambit-Andy-Kubert-/302252330182?hash=item465fa48cc6:g:E9sAAOSw4YdYyBld

I just don't  believe that the value has increased recently.

Or you cant admit you are wrong either way doesn't matter to me. The book is climbing in value whether you believe that or not is irrelevant to me.

I only deal in data. I didn't even bother to show you the auction that was over $200 just because it wouldn't matter what data I showed you because your mind is made up.

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Tree Fiddy

(sorry, u were asking for it)

I am slightly skeptical of that amount as the sales price.  The list price was $350 with a best offer option available, and it just does not seem reasonable that you would pay 350 when you could make a best offer, and the history of sales at that point said 225-250 range.  Who knows.  @Nickelspot is a member here, and that is his auction, maybe he could enlighten us as to the final sales price.

But if that is in fact the sale price, good lord.

Edited by bluehorseshoe

39 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Or you cant admit you are wrong either way doesn't matter to me. The book is climbing in value whether you believe that or not is irrelevant to me.

I only deal in data. I didn't even bother to show you the auction that was over $200 just because it wouldn't matter what data I showed you because your mind is made up.

+1

Ignorance is fine, but willful ignorance is just annoying.

41 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

I am slightly skeptical of that amount as the sales price.  The list price was $350 with a best offer option available, and it just does not seem reasonable that you would pay 350 when you could make a best offer, and the history of sales at that point said 225-250 range.  Who knows.  @Nickelspot is a member here, and that is his auction, maybe he could enlighten us as to the final sales price.

But if that is in fact the sale price, good lord.

It sold for 350 unless the seller sent in an offer directly to the buyer

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

The feeling is mutual.  I own several copies and want them to increase.  They just haven't. 

Edited by Wolverinex

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Fantastic.... name calling because someone doesn't agree with you, kudos.:golfclap:

Wow, what color is it in your world?

He showed you hard data and you still want to believe what you want because it's your "opinion".

What else would you call that but willful ignorance?

Just now, Logan510 said:

Wow, what color is it in your world?

He showed you hard data and you still want to believe what you want because it's your "opinion".

What else would you call that but willful ignorance?

How is that hard evidence?  It's been Nearing 100 for a long time now.  I showed you a copy that sold over 100 in March.  There's no recent uptick. 

I agree with a lot of fastballspecial's trends, just not X men 266.  Why are you taking it so personally?  Who cares dude.  Chill...

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

How is that hard evidence?  It's been Nearing 100 for a long time now.  I showed you a copy that sold over 100 in March.  There's no recent uptick. 

I agree with a lot of fastballspecial's trends, just not X men 266.  Why are you taking it so personally?  Who cares dude.  Chill...

Have a great time here on the forums, good luck to you. (thumbsu

39 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Well then that a game changer for that book.  Its a gorgeous cover, and that whole run is hard to find in 9.8, but man.

Def a record high. Although not TOO surprising. It's been a solid 200-250 book for a number of years

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

He may not have put forth much in rebuttal, but if you average out the 10 sales listed first in your post, the sales average $73-76 (incl. and excluding the outlier $50).  His claim is that it is typically a $60-70 book.  If you add in the 5 9.6 raws you included, it averages out to $76.  Did you stop at 5 for the 9.6s due to lack of more sales at that claimed grade?  The average of your 3 9.8s is $129, compared to his link of $138

Where there is a definite boost to the average price is if you average out all 18 grades/sales you posted.  However, sample sizes of 5 and 3 are going to generate a high standard deviation.  (heck even 10, 15, or 18 are small samples).

Now, his claim of $60-70 average is $3-13 less than the average of the 10 sales, and $6-16 less than the average of the 15 sales.  In a 5 month period (from his stated March sales to your current sales), that could well be an indication of warmth.  It's not cut and dried though

Edited by SteppinRazor

I can see the 316 hitting $500 one day. I was 13 in 1989 and when I saw this book sitting the shelf of New England Comics and something about it said "Buy Me"  I knew nothing about comics at the time and it was my first trip to a comic store ever.  Also bought Hulk 354 that day too, can't remember what else.  

20 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Thanks for the data.  I still stand behind my thought  that the value hasn't changed.  Typically most sold copies range around 60-70 and a few random NM + have always hovered around 100. 

Even as far back as 4 months ago in March, a NM copy sold for 138.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uncanny-X-Men-266-High-Grade-NM-1st-Full-Appearance-of-Gambit-Andy-Kubert-/302252330182?hash=item465fa48cc6:g:E9sAAOSw4YdYyBld

I just don't  believe that the value has increased recently.

For what it's worth, I sold a 9.2 copy, raw, on ebay in Feb 2016 for $100, and I'm not Divad