• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

On 3/17/2022 at 7:02 PM, darkstar said:

That statement does two things.

1) It encourages people to subscribe to their channel. Which is you know, how Youtubers generate a significant portion of their income.

2) It gives their subscribers the first opportunity to buy the books, as they get alerts when new videos are posted. Since most of the books they talk about are inexpensive, they typically don't have a ton of eBay listings (most people don't list cheap books on eBay because it a) takes valuable time and b) the profit margins are low). As a result of having thousands of subscribers, which is just a fraction of their viewership, it only takes a small percentage of their viewers to wipe out the current online supply of most cheap books. That is the result of their fans watching their views and being motivated to buy the book to read, not because they were convinced it can be flipped or held as an investment. 

For the third time now, it is blatantly obvious you are not at all familiar with their channel nor have you watched any of the videos. 

zzz

On 3/17/2022 at 6:11 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

You jokers better hop to it!

I had 3 really pretty copies of this comic, and dropped them and the shipping box they came in. They did not survive the drop. 😭 

I hate when that happens - 9.8 to 9.0 in milliseconds. :sorry:

On 3/17/2022 at 4:05 PM, *Bronze age fan* said:

For the third time now, it is blatantly obvious you are not at all familiar with their channel nor have you watched any of the videos. 

Are those on U-Tub?:preach:

One of my favorite quotes from an essay on why common sense doesn't exist:

Do you ever hear common sense used as a positive term, such as “you have loads of common sense” or “you should be proud of your common sense”? It is a pejorative term. It is to dismiss...

Edited by Beastfeast
I'm dumb.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:01 AM, Beastfeast said:

No, don't agree with that at all

Its one of those things that is difficult to quantify, but one of those things that can be recognized

On 3/19/2022 at 12:39 PM, october said:

Someone labeling something as "common sense" is like nails on a blackboard. The surest sign of intellectual laziness. 

Interesting 

On 3/19/2022 at 10:01 AM, Beastfeast said:

Do you ever hear common sense used as a positive term, such as “you have loads of common sense” or “you should be proud of your common sense”? It is a prerogative term. It is to dismiss...

I feel like they meant to say "It is a pejorative term..."

On 3/20/2022 at 7:33 PM, valiantman said:

Thomas Paine is so embarrassed.

I also thought of him. I did a report on Common Sense in like 3rd grade. I do not recall much aside from the title and author though.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:01 PM, Bird said:

I also thought of him. I did a report on Common Sense in like 3rd grade. I do not recall much aside from the title and author though.

He thought it was common sense that the colonies declare independence from England.  That worked out pretty well, but maybe it was intellectual laziness because he just wanted to make money selling pamphlets.

On 3/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, Bird said:

I have a small batch of Dredd, one of the few things I am holding. So more than one reason in that sentence why I am not more successful selling!

You and me both. I have the complete run plus of the Eagle Comics series and I have never thought about putting them on the block.  Bolland covers of any title, I have a hard time letting go of. (how's that for a "dangling participle."

On 3/20/2022 at 8:04 PM, valiantman said:

He thought it was common sense that the colonies declare independence from England.  That worked out pretty well, but maybe it was intellectual laziness because he just wanted to make money selling pamphlets.

Fun fact: the place where he died is now a piano bar that hosts showtune karaoke