• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2022 at 6:56 PM, Bird said:

I don't know about DD myself, so many stupid villains month after month. I see Bengal in my head even now. And that kid's father from the one cover. I also did not like Typhoid Mary but it wasn't until Scott McDaniel that I left the title.

so we agree some and some, not so much

Pantheon was very very good. And David was going soap opera with Ajax and stuff, lots of good character drama, and some guys went bad but Banner is smarter and ahead of them all or is he and then Hulk decided to leave and we never hear from them all again.

I had two subscriptions when I was a kid: Uncanny X-Men, and Daredevil. I loved Nocenti's run on DD, but even I, a particularly forgiving kid, couldn't quite approve of Bengal. Bengal...really sucked.

I also stuck with DD until the McDaniel run, and then I left, as I thought it was hideous. I later softened on his artwork, but at the time I thought it was terrible. 

I eventually picked the book back up. I think the Karl Kesel run is one of the best the title ever had. Following Miller, DD became synonymous with "grim and gritty". It was endlessly dark. Kesel brought a lot of fun to the title. Loved it. When I later told him how much I'd enjoyed it, he told me I should read Waid's run, which I did enjoy as well.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:08 AM, Bird said:
On 3/28/2022 at 9:05 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don't think this is entirely fair. The art on Ultraverse books was pretty solid. It was on the same level as Marvel and DC of the era (as I remember it), and they were ahead of the game with computer coloring (which is why Marvel bought them).

He likes crosshatching I guess. Ultraverse was more old school art, not the tons of lines Image style. Kyle Hotz following BWS on Rune, Prime and mantra were top notch talent weren't they?

Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder its been used on me before no big deal.

I loved Ultraverse and still do, but there is no way that art compares to Image at the time. Its not on the same level.
I enjoyed Starlin and BWS, but its just wasn't comparable at the time. Where they had a great advantage was the 
writing even bad titles were better then Image.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 3/28/2022 at 8:08 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Feel free to share something useful, if you have a problem with it. Preferably something better than your one-off outlier sales brags.

Says the guy who has never sold a book in his life. :foryou:

Selling or Not Selling Comics is neither Good or Bad.  

Some do not sell due to not needing to so financially, others do not as they are true collectors. As long as it does not cross over to hording all is well.

Selling comics regularly, for at least some (perhaps most), creates an inherent bias even if not always a conscious one. That type of Bias is the type that at least for some permeates every facet of their thought process.

There are also those who sell only on irregular or on "rare" occasions. These folks usually are the most well rounded offering the opinions that on on average are more valuable to both of the above.

Then you have flippers for them I've nothing positive to say  :)  (sheesh it's a joke don't be gettin' yer panties inna bunch)

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/29/2022 at 7:46 AM, MAR1979 said:

Some do not sell due to not needing to so financially, others do not as they are true collectors. As long as it does not cross over to hording all is well.

Selling comics regularly, for at least some (perhaps most), creates an inherent bias even if not always a conscious one. That type of Bias is the type that at least for some permeates every facet of their thought process.

There are also those who sell only on irregular or on "rare" occasions. These folks usually are the most well rounded offering the opinions that on on average are more valuable to both of the above.

Then you have flippers for them I've nothing positive to say  :)  (sheesh it's a joke don't be gettin' yer panties inna bunch)

The first half of this post reads like Oscar Wilde's preface in The Picture of Dorian Gray:cheers:

Early issues of Wizard magazine seem to be doing well on eBay this month, according to my irregular check-in on sold listings.

There is increased demand for most Copper runs to start the year based on what I am seeing at shows so far this spring. With SA and BA common issues jumping the past year and a bit, it was only a matter of time.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:55 PM, kimik said:

There is increased demand for most Copper runs to start the year based on what I am seeing at shows so far this spring. With SA and BA common issues jumping the past year and a bit, it was only a matter of time.

Time to get Sisterhood of Steel out of storage! :banana:

On 3/29/2022 at 9:46 PM, MAR1979 said:

When I got back into collecting I wondered for a time if it was a healthy thing to enjoy. But everything I've read says nostalgic collecting is a positive thing for your mental health, as long as it doesn't escalate into hoarding. I've sold a fair few books so safe to say I haven't crossed over.... yet :nyah:

On 3/29/2022 at 4:46 AM, MAR1979 said:

That's correct* - but this thread does have the word "Selling" in its title. :flamethrower:

*Except for the grammar: either/or neither/nor :peace:

Edited by divad

Posted this in general recently, but medium-value (ie non-9.8 and not ASM 300 or H340) Marvel McFarlane is up across the board, at least in raw. I’ve had a bunch of random stuff like Marvel Tales and ASM 323 go for fresh highs. Would guess that’s due to some trickle down from the super expensive stuff but I got some lots last year to fill in my own gaps/upgrade my own copies and even after taking things out I made like 5x the purchase price. 

On 3/31/2022 at 10:39 AM, Poekaymon said:

Posted this in general recently, but medium-value (ie non-9.8 and not ASM 300 or H340) Marvel McFarlane is up across the board, at least in raw. I’ve had a bunch of random stuff like Marvel Tales and ASM 323 go for fresh highs. Would guess that’s due to some trickle down from the super expensive stuff but I got some lots last year to fill in my own gaps/upgrade my own copies and even after taking things out I made like 5x the purchase price. 

I guess GI Joe 60 is going to be getting some attention again as well.  Fun TM book!

On 3/31/2022 at 10:39 AM, Poekaymon said:

#312 and #328 are just as "Classic" to me as #300 (#301 was the next months IMHO lazy homage to #300) or #316.

Edited by MAR1979