• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 2/18/2022 at 8:34 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Can't get over what these are going for...low grade copy here

BLIP #1 Feb 1983 MARVEL VG 4.0 W 1st App DONKEY KONG & MARIO BROS VIDEO GAME B/O | eBay

Its such a niche book, but there are many many interested parties

I have very rare books

Maybe 20 people care lol

So they are practically worthless

On 2/18/2022 at 10:32 AM, valiantman said:

Imagine what it would be worth if there was an animated Mario on the cover, instead of Boone from Animal House.

I remember him as tragic figure Albert Ingalls on "Little House on the Prairie". In real life, the actor Matthew Labyorteaux was the US 1982 Pac-Man champion, although he's shown playing "Tron" on the Blip cover. Note the band-aid on his left hand. Ruling the arcade could be a rough business!

On 2/19/2022 at 10:33 PM, jdandns said:

Note the band-aid on his left hand. Ruling the arcade could be a rough business!

Always loved the band aid. It dates the cover. Today, that would be photo-shopped out. Everything has to look perfect. Different time and different aesthetic.

On 2/19/2022 at 9:33 PM, jdandns said:
On 2/18/2022 at 12:32 PM, valiantman said:

Imagine what it would be worth if there was an animated Mario on the cover, instead of Boone from Animal House.

I remember him as tragic figure Albert Ingalls on "Little House on the Prairie"

Yeah, I know it wasn't the Boone actor but I didn't watch Little House on the Prairie, so he reminds me of a younger Lt. Kellaway from The Mask.

Lt. Mitch Kellaway screenshots, images and pictures - Comic Vine

On 2/21/2022 at 9:00 AM, valiantman said:

Yeah, I know it wasn't the Boone actor but I didn't watch Little House on the Prairie, so he reminds me of a younger Lt. Kellaway from The Mask.

Lt. Mitch Kellaway screenshots, images and pictures - Comic Vine

Been rewatching The Sopranos and seen him

On 2/22/2022 at 7:13 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Makes sense. There are only a dozen BIN's for much less than that available...

Isn't that crazy.  I guess getting caught up in auction fever.  I have seen it many times where books are sold even here on the boards where you can find similar copies for less.  

On 2/18/2022 at 10:34 AM, AGGIEZ said:

BLIP #1 Feb 1983 MARVEL VG 4.0 W 1st App DONKEY KONG & MARIO BROS VIDEO GAME B/O | eBay

I'm surprised it took this long!

I bought 7 or 8 of them from Sulipa maybe 4 years ago and shoved them in a pile somewhere.    

On 2/18/2022 at 10:34 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Book from backstock. BTW I have a NM/M full set of Blip 1-7. I have never seen another copy of 7, and mine's a newsstand.