• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Which one do I need to find? I guarantee I have multiples of each one in back stock, but am not sure which piles to look in. Help!

multiples? you probably have hundreds of copies of the two XM books, maybe not the what if

of course, this is where i mess myself up. three billion copies of the book were printed. i cannot imagine it ever being more than a 25 cent box book. but it's a first app of some soon to be hot character, so no doubt there's wiggle room up to $8-$10 for it. then again, are x-men 282s still selling?

anything is possible. i saw, with my own eyes, a raw copy of spawn 1 sold at a show a year or two ago for $10...(as in i saw the ten dollar bill being handed over for the comic and no change was given)

Edited by the blob

It does?

_57_zpsb67c5716.jpg

CGC put the wrong info. Check the published date.

The character first appeared in X-Men #4 (vol. 2, January 1992), and was created by Jim Lee.

Yeah, that looks a lot like a label for X-Men Vol 3#4, not Vol 2 #4.

With this constant flow of reboots / renumberings, I think we're going to see a lot of this.....

It does?

CGC put the wrong info. Check the published date.

The character first appeared in X-Men #4 (vol. 2, January 1992), and was created by Jim Lee.

Yeah, that looks a lot like a label for X-Men Vol 3#4, not Vol 2 #4.

With this constant flow of reboots / renumberings, I think we're going to see a lot of this.....

The dead give away is it says "Marvel Comics 10/13". Even if I were new to comics, I would know that this book wasn't produced less than 2 months ago. The symbol on the bottom left reflects "30th anniversary 1931-1991" and there's not a single book (besides DC essentials, Image Firsts, etc." that sell for $1.00 these days.

The CGC label on X-Men 4 says "1st appearance of Omega Red"

Works for me.

So are we now saying that CGC doesn't make mistakes?

I agree that 4 will be considered his first but so should The Annual and possibly the What if

Now that I went back and read what was in Annual #1, I have to disagree.

The first is in the simulator as part of the backup story "X-Men's Top Ten Villains" drawn by Karl Altstaetter. Omega Red was listed as #5, right behind Apocalypse. So does that mean they had already fought (e.g. X-Men #4)?

Wolverine had no idea who Omega Red was until X-Men #4, when he picked up his scent and realized it was Arkady Rossovich, someone he knew from this past. So in Annual #1 where he now discusses Omega Red, this would have to be after-the-fact because beforehand he didn't even know the character.

See what I mean?

Hopefully this made sense. From a timing perspective, it would be odd for Wolverine to brief someone on Omega Red in a 1st appearance when he doesn't even know who the character is until X-Men #4.

Now if this was the Gambit situation where the books were published out-of-synch, that would be a different story.

Works for me.

I agree that 4 will be considered his first but so should The Annual and possibly the What if

The first is in the simulator as part of the backup story "X-Men's Top Ten Villains" drawn by Karl Altstaetter. Omega Red was listed as #5, right behind Apocalypse. So does that mean they had already fought (e.g. X-Men #4)?

Wolverine had no idea who Omega Red was until X-Men #4, when he picked up his scent and realized it was Arkady Rossovich, someone he knew from this past. So in Annual #1 where he now discusses Omega Red, this would have to be after-the-fact because beforehand he didn't even know the character.

See what I mean?

Resistance is futile

Works for me.

See what I mean?

Hopefully this made sense. From a timing perspective, it would be odd for Wolverine to brief someone on Omega Red in a 1st appearance when he doesn't even know who the character is until X-Men #4.

Now if this was the Gambit situation where the books were published out-of-synch, that would be a different story.

In this case I don't think the plot points matter, they were released at the same time.

Edited by MrWeen