• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

On 5/23/2024 at 2:16 PM, whetteon said:

No one is talking about What If #105? !st Spider-Girl? 9.8 is currently fetching $225 with 24 bids and 35 watchers. It's quickly becoming a monster:

WHAT IF #105 CGC 9.8 1ST APPEARANCE OF MAY PARKER SPIDER-GIRL | eBay

Ended at $405. 12 month is down. Was selling in the $600 range. Still an impressive book and sales prices.

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 12:37 PM, ygogolak said:

Ended at $405. 12 month is down. Was selling in the $600 range. Still an impressive book and sales prices.

So cooling, not hot

then again cooling not cold may very well be the new hot...

Edited by MAR1979

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 8:17 AM, whetteon said:

Marvel Comics Presents # 72 CGC 9.8 NM/MT WP Key Origin of Wolverine, Weapon X | eBay

It is still a low price but 34 watches. I've been noticing a lot of 72s getting more attention lately. It's also down from its 2021 high. Shocker I know.

When it was around $450 I submitted my copies, although they all received a 9.8 given current FMV i should not have bothered.   Same with other books like Venom Lethal Protector 1, ASM 328,361,365,375.  As and I'm proud to admit i don't sell Comics (or trading cards), I should have simply left them all in their Mylars.

Yep, I totally wasted my money submitting high population glut or glut adjacent stuff. It could have been much worse however as I could have been one of the Moe Ron's buying them at those 2020-2022 prices :)

P.S. I now include Booster Gold 1 and Spectre 54 as books I should not have submitted. As a NON-seller finally at this juncture I've learned the lesson of never submitting a book when it's hot

Edited by MAR1979

Now I see why this thread had died. Every time you notice a trend someone tells you why you are foolish for noticing it.  I'm so sorry. I will not see more comics that are heating up or have high watch counts. That way I won't find out that the price is severely depressed or know how common it is. :pullhair:

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 2:04 PM, whetteon said:

Now I see why this thread had died. Every time you notice a trend someone tells you why you are foolish for noticing it.  I'm so sorry. I will not see more comics that are heating up or have high watch counts. That way I won't find out that the price is severely depressed or know how common it is. :pullhair:

If you put in the fine print "reheating up!" 😂 maybe? :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 5:08 PM, MAR1979 said:

Or "Thawing"

I hear you. I truly thought someone who didn't pay attention to the market would chime in eventually that would look like reheating to others.

Some may not have been looking if there ever was ever a floor and see it bounce from there, or probably no one knows every book.

I know that I haven't kept up with it all, other than obvious and talked about ones. :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/5/2017 at 12:23 PM, mrwoogieman said:

If this was Coppers that sell on eBay, I'd put up some examples. But the thread title and tenor will result in people saying that sold for more before so it's not heating up even though it's selling. So I don't bother.

Don't sweat it @whetteon Look at the date of my self-quote! Same as it ever was

Comic collectors = pedants

Don't begrudge them 

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 3:17 PM, whetteon said:

Marvel Comics Presents # 72 CGC 9.8 NM/MT WP Key Origin of Wolverine, Weapon X | eBay

It is still a low price but 34 watches. I've been noticing a lot of 72s getting more attention lately. It's also down from its 2021 high. Shocker I know.

100$ 9.8?!? That is opposite of something is heating up. Surprisingly bad result when so many X-men books are doing okay because of  the X-men 97 show.

Is this because it is not 9.9 but merely a 9.8?!? Maybe in 2024 9.9 is the old 9.8 :eyeroll:

Edited by godzilla43

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 11:32 PM, godzilla43 said:

100$ 9.8?!? That is opposite of something is heating up. Surprisingly bad result when so many X-men books are doing okay because of  the X-men 97 show.

Is this because it is not 9.9 but merely a 9.8?!? Maybe in 2024 9.9 is the old 9.8 :eyeroll:

And the fact that 9.8 copies are getting so many watchers can only mean it will go down from here. What a terrible comic. Nothing to see here folks. move on... :shiftyeyes:image.jpeg.e576d3ff8c63dd1a1cb1a9a92ee64bdd.jpeg

Edited by whetteon
adding image

On 5/26/2024 at 9:18 AM, whetteon said:

The Crow #2 CGC 9.8 NM/M Caliber Press Comic James O'Barr Brandon Lee 1st Print | eBay

Crow #2 9.8 with 62 watchers and a measly $167 price is WAY DOWN from its 3-year high.   What an abysmal book. :shiftyeyes:

I want this.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 9:31 AM, whetteon said:

And the fact that 9.8 copies are getting so many watchers can only mean it will go down from here.

Please explain your reasons for mentioning watchers in your posts as I do not understand (seriously no malice intended) how that correlates into sale/hammer price nor what it means in terms of "hot".

P.S. if it is a factor then I'll stop being someone who clicks on Watch Item for Comics on eBay to avoid being part of some larger market manipulation machination.

Edited by MAR1979

On 5/26/2024 at 11:24 AM, MAR1979 said:

Please explain your reasons for mentioning watchers in your posts as I do not understand (seriously no malice intended) how that correlates into sale/hammer price nor what it means in terms of "hot".

P.S. if it is a factor then I'll stop being someone who clicks on Watch Item for Comics on eBay to avoid being part of some larger market manipulation machination.

I have a website that notices the comics on eBay with the most bids, most watchers, and the most expensive. If you see a comic with a big group of watchers, many people are interested in buying that particular issue. When I filter by the Copper Age most watched CGC comics on eBay, I find it interesting to see comics I don't hear often climbing up on that list. It's like a Wizard top 15 list. Usually, I will find out what's "trending" before most.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 4:20 PM, whetteon said:

I have a website that notices the comics on eBay with the most bids, most watchers, and the most expensive. If you see a comic with a big group of watchers, many people are interested in buying that particular issue. When I filter by the Copper Age most watched CGC comics on eBay, I find it interesting to see comics I don't hear often climbing up on that list. It's like a Wizard top 15 list. Usually, I will find out what's "trending" before most.

Thanks for explaining. 

I do not agree that watchers is = buyers. I'm sure there are many like me who do it out of curiosity as we already own the item. No longer will I click on "Add To Watchlist" and have deleted my current watched comics due to what you have mentioned.

Edited by MAR1979