• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,816 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2024 at 12:49 AM, littledoom said:

When the print run is so high, copies can sell anywhere as low as that. Same for Superman 75, Spawn 1, etc.

Spawn #1 in NM for $5? Where's that?

On 3/28/2024 at 11:39 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

When did I say NM? There's so many copies that the prices can range, they're out there

Edited by littledoom

On 3/29/2024 at 11:46 AM, littledoom said:

When did I say NM? There's so many copies that the prices can range, they're out there

You were replying to a post that was talking about the Spider-Man #1 sale of 18 copies in NM. The subject was NM copies of "something" as regards to the high print run.

I can find a copy of Hulk #181 for $200 because the print run was so high. It's coverless, but hey. That doesn't apply to the current conversation. We're talking about high grade copies.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:04 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

You were replying to a post that was talking about the Spider-Man #1 sale of 18 copies in NM. The subject was NM copies of "something" as regards to the high print run.

I can find a copy of Hulk #181 for $200 because the print run was so high. It's coverless, but hey. That doesn't apply to the current conversation. We're talking about high grade copies.

I thought we agreed that seller's estimated high grades were off in his listings? Most 90s comics like those highly collected first app keys tend to be high grade so I wouldn't expect someone to expect the same price for all vintage keys like Hulk 181 where the prices vary much more in different grades

On 3/29/2024 at 12:11 PM, littledoom said:

I thought we agreed that seller's estimated high grades were off in his listings? Most 90s comics like those highly collected first app keys tend to be high grade so I wouldn't expect someone to expect the same price for all vintage keys like Hulk 181 where the prices vary much more in different grades

No worries. There's a communication breakdown somewhere, but that's one of the main aspects of this entire forum. Lol.

On 3/28/2024 at 11:39 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

I can buy fresh copies for less.  The problem is selling them.  It is harder to find a Spawn 1 in VG than it is to find a NM one.

Edited by shadroch

On 3/29/2024 at 12:39 PM, shadroch said:

I can buy fresh copies for less.  The problem is selling them.  It is harder to find a Spawn 1 in VG than it is to find a NM one.

Really? The last 3 I sold were $29 for a VF and then $45 and $50 for NM/MT.

On 3/29/2024 at 9:47 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

Really? The last 3 I sold were $29 for a VF and then $45 and $50 for NM/MT.

I'm doing the Tucson show tomorrow and have three priced at $5 each. If they don't sell, you are welcome to them.  The only spawns I've moved lately are newsstand copies, but the comic market is very regional.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:02 AM, shadroch said:

I'm doing the Tucson show tomorrow and have three priced at $5 each. If they don't sell, you are welcome to them.  The only spawns I've moved lately are newsstand copies, but the comic market is very regional.

A con dealer had two copies of Spawn 1 for $10 each and I thought about buying them but ultimately decided to pass them onto another buyer in their booth who seemed more eager and excited about buying them. I had some regret but not a lot. It's a book I used to find for a $1 at stores not long ago

Edited by littledoom

I might price one at $10 and the others at $5. I sell at many non-traditional venues, so I'm curious how my pricing will align with that of the twenty or so other vendors. 

My supplier seems to have an endless supply of issues 1-6.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:15 PM, littledoom said:

A con dealer had two copies of Spawn 1 for $10 each and I thought about buying them but ultimately decided to pass them onto another buyer in their booth who seemed more eager and excited about buying them. I had some regret but not a lot. It's a book I used to find for a $1 at stores not long ago

I have 30 copies in a box somewhere. I should find them. Not a copper, but is Superman 204 really now a $10+ book? I have 50 copies somewhere....

On 3/29/2024 at 3:07 PM, the blob said:

I have 30 copies in a box somewhere. I should find them. Not a copper, but is Superman 204 really now a $10+ book? I have 50 copies somewhere....

Used to be a solid $5 seller based on the iconic Jim Lee cover

On 3/29/2024 at 6:18 PM, littledoom said:

Used to be a solid $5 seller based on the iconic Jim Lee cover

Yeah, I can't be bothered selling $5 books on ebay, by the time I am done with fees and dealing with them I am making about $5 an hour for my time and if I am going to have some headache of a buyer I don't want it for a $5 book. My process is just not efficient enough for that. The only way that works is if you're selling tons of them and regularly have multi-book orders or charging so much for shipping you are making a few bucks there. At $10 it starts to make sense, just barely.

On 4/1/2024 at 10:06 AM, the blob said:

Yeah, I can't be bothered selling $5 books on ebay, by the time I am done with fees and dealing with them I am making about $5 an hour for my time and if I am going to have some headache of a buyer I don't want it for a $5 book. My process is just not efficient enough for that. The only way that works is if you're selling tons of them and regularly have multi-book orders or charging so much for shipping you are making a few bucks there. At $10 it starts to make sense, just barely.

That's why I sell $5 books in person.. they seem to sell better that way

On 4/1/2024 at 1:08 PM, littledoom said:

That's why I sell $5 books in person.. they seem to sell better that way

Yeah, last year around this time I was making plans to start doing local shows for the first time since the 90s, trying to line up my teenager to assist, etc. Then I tore my frigging achilles and I can barely move a long box off a shelf anymore much less drag 15 of them around to a show.  So the question is, is that book a $10 or $5 book at shows now?

On 4/1/2024 at 10:52 AM, the blob said:

Yeah, last year around this time I was making plans to start doing local shows for the first time since the 90s, trying to line up my teenager to assist, etc. Then I tore my frigging achilles and I can barely move a long box off a shelf anymore much less drag 15 of them around to a show.  So the question is, is that book a $10 or $5 book at shows now?

Probably a $5 book at shows

On 3/25/2024 at 7:05 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

For this particular seller, I learned after my first purchase to adjust my top bid way down. I still ended up winning some lots for something like a dollar a book, most of which I'll eventually re-sell. I did consider sending them back or leaving neutral feedback.

NM 9.4