• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #700

316 posts in this topic

true....yeah i thought it was 1:200 also but everywhere i see it advertised it's 1:150.

rare enough i suppose.

i wonder what's the cheapest a person could get one of those preordering.

Up here in New England we have a retail chain store called Newbury Comics that is mostly a store for cd, DVD, movies, posters, attire, toys, oh and newsstand comics. They do subscriptions also. It's a store you wouldn't look for 9.8 candidates but they order and get all variants subscribers put in for. All 1:200 variants are priced at $99.00 no matter what it is, and is always special ordered and comes in 9.6+ bag and boarded. I have 3 of the 1:150 ordered for $99 each. Cheapest I've ever seen for 1:150/1:200 variants. I got 2 of my ASM 678 Mary Jane variant for $6.99 there and they both got 9.8 from cgc.

New England Comics had the 1:100 variant for $100 and the 1:150 for $150 presale and why I didn't grab one when I saw it available, I'll never know ! :cry:

Anyone know which spiderman A + X 4 is going to be?

I think Marvel has said "Amazing" will still be showing up here and there for the next month or so, but that all writers are shifting to "Superior" because Marvel doesn't push linear real time continuity on its writers (which I think is fair, and also can prevent some spoilers from leaking too early).

My guess is it'll be "Peter."

Anyone know which spiderman A + X 4 is going to be?

I think Marvel has said "Amazing" will still be showing up here and there for the next month or so, but that all writers are shifting to "Superior" because Marvel doesn't push linear real time continuity on its writers (which I think is fair, and also can prevent some spoilers from leaking too early).

My guess is it'll be "Peter."

Bettting this will be "Peter's" last appearance.

true....yeah i thought it was 1:200 also but everywhere i see it advertised it's 1:150.

rare enough i suppose.

Up here in New England we have a retail chain store called Newbury Comics that is mostly a store for cd, DVD, movies, posters, attire, toys, oh and newsstand comics. They do subscriptions also. It's a store you wouldn't look for 9.8 candidates but they order and get all variants subscribers put in for. All 1:200 variants are priced at $99.00 no matter what it is, and is always special ordered and comes in 9.6+ bag and boarded. I have 3 of the 1:150 ordered for $99 each. Cheapest I've ever seen for 1:150/1:200 variants. I got 2 of my ASM 678 Mary Jane variant for $6.99 there and they both got 9.8 from cgc.

:o ASM #700 - 1:150 variants at $99 each?

Do they have a customer base that will take the 450 regular copies?

If they don't, they're taking a BIG hit just to sort you out

I would grab both. We will have to wait and see what CgC is going to put on the labels but If I was a betting man I would say avenging 15.1 will be te 1st apperances. But what the heck do I know .....,,,,,

thanks for input. I was just gonna get DD 21. So you think that is just a cameo and Avenging 15.1 will be 1st?

I would grab both. We will have to wait and see what CgC is going to put on the labels but If I was a betting man I would say avenging 15.1 will be te 1st apperances. But what the heck do I know .....,,,,,

thanks for input. I was just gonna get DD 21. So you think that is just a cameo and Avenging 15.1 will be 1st?

Is a cameo not considered a 1st appearance anyways? Even if you can barely see him(shadow) is it not considered a first?

As far as prices go right now, DD21 is in the lead. They are selling for twice what 15.1 is right now.

so the two book stores by me usually get their comics about two weeks after the LCS. They have 10 copies each of Daredevil 21 and Avenging 15.1. So I pick up both books or just the Daredevil?

should I save for a rainy day?

In my opinion -

ASM 698 "Doctor Octopus Assumes Contol of Peter Parker's Body"

ASM 700 "Death of Peter Parker's Brain"

DD 21 "Cameo of Superior Spider-Man (In Shadow)"

Avenging 15.1 "Cameo of Superior Spider-Man (In Costume)"

Superior Spider-Man 1 "First Full Appearance of Superior Spider-Man"

My reasoning is this:

While we as readers aren't entirely sure "what" the superior spider-man is, we've all seen the "claws" as a distinguishing aspect and we've been told by the Marvel powers-that-be that it's "not Peter" inside the costume. To date, the only time the clawed costume has been shown is in Avenging 15.1 but only at the very end. We haven't gotten an explanation for them, how they work, what the heck they're for, whatever. Until that happens, it's just Peter and Doc Ock playing Freaky Friday. Once the "new look" is explained (in detail or at least in function) it's "Superior".

Put it another way - if you're a Marvel Universe resident and not a Marvel Comics reader, you still haven't seen anything suggesting that Spider-Man is not Spider-Man. If you're Mary Jane or Aunt May or Max Modell, Peter Parker is still Peter Parker. IMO, everything to this point, will probably be considered a cameo (or, based on the Venom/Wolverine precedent, should be).

And that's my rant.

rare enough i suppose.

The 1:150 was $150...,yes, they have a huge customer base. They have 8 stores.

www.newenglandcomics.com

rare enough i suppose.

Plenty of retailers (even in the UK) will have whizzed through 400 plus copies in a couple of days.

Is a cameo not considered a 1st appearance anyways? Even if you can barely see him(shadow) is it not considered a first?

As far as prices go right now, DD21 is in the lead. They are selling for twice what 15.1 is right now.

See Incredible Hulk 180 and 181

i thought Slott said DD 21 was Superior's 1st appearance.

also i'm noticeing alot of rubbing on the front cover of DD 21 and some other marvel titles....i guess this is what happens when they cheapen the paper stock.