• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the books you regret selling the most?

28 posts in this topic

I saw the "selling your books" thread and it made me think about all the books that I've sold on ebay and later regretted.

What books have you sold that you really really wish you had kept?

For me, it was a mid-grade Green Lantern 76. I bought it in junior high because I thought the cover was cool and I've been an Adams fan ever since. I didn't even get that much money when I sold it.

I also sold an ASM 2 and ASM 15 when I needed some cash and now I wish I would've kept them.

I don't have but a couple of experiences.

I sold a F.F.#52 that I've owned since 1975 to a board member,and the second I mailed it I regretted it.When that boardie went to sell it he gave me first chance,and I bought it back.Now all is right in my collecting world.

After my divorce: Entire run of Amazing Spider-Man from AF 15 to date (sold around 1981). The AF 15 and Spider-Man 1 were both about VG. ASM 2-10 were gorgeous copies. Today the AF 15 in VG alone is worth substantially more than the price the entire collection brought in 1981.

Young Men 24 which I sold after I remarried when building a new house. I sold it as a FN/VF,around 1995. Ten years later the buyer sent it to CGC and got a 6.5. Even at "only" FN+ there are a mere four unrestored copies graded higher and two in grade. The book is historic, it's overlooked and it's impossible in grade. There exists one 9.0, one 8.0, two 7.0's and then two at 6.5. It's not even a matter of what I can afford. You just don't see nice copies ever for sale.

A piece of John Totleben Swamp Thing artwork, last page from Swamp Thing 53. Regretted selling it almost instantly 11 years ago, have been looking to buy it back ever since. I probably would need to pay 25x what I sold it for.

More Fun #101. It has a number, 26 I believe, written on the top right corner of the cover in ballpoint pen. I bought it from the original owner and have looked for it ever since.

Also still looking for a "Bringing Up Father" daily in my sig line.

These

$%28KGrHqN,!rcFBFMqbeQ0BQjrfnhKHw~~60_57.JPG

They were a gift from my grandma. I already replaced them but it's just not the same :cry:

I still have my copy of Book 2. A Christmas present from my mom in, what, 1988? It's beat up and has a sticker of Venkman from the Ghostbusters cartoon stuck to the back. I think she bought it from a mall kiosk back when TMNT ruled the world. :cloud9:

Yeah,that would make me really sad too.

I regret selling out completely back around 2001.Sold full runs of Thor,Silver Surfer,Captain Marvel & Warlock with crossovers.

Since getting back in a few years later I've replaced all these but still sad I let the signed & numbered litho by Dave Stevens go in the collection(Betty Page image from Glamour Illustrated).

Lately I regret selling my run of Barry Smith Conans.Not the best condition but this was a great run.