• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2013 book club

701 posts in this topic

Ok cool think Iv got it then, use a new post to update books read and just keep a running total. Looking at the previous thread it seems there's no hard and fast rules people just do it in their own way

So right after new years I read

Avengers #2

Cable and the X-force #2

And early today I read

Ultimate X-men #17-#20

Swords of the sorcery #3

All new Xmen #4

Still got to finish reading

Ultimate Spiderman

Venom

I really let this fall by the waist side last year, topping out at just a couple hundred. We bought a house in June, so with moving,painting, buying furniture, organizing, etc.....

I will defintely do it this year, mostly with trades. Here's my list so far :

Superman Secret Origin 1-5

Batman new 52 1-7

Total : 12

I'm in .. not sure I'll be able to keep the 3 comics per day pace but I'll try. That stack next to my desk really does need reading.

Read BKV's Logan, Secret Origins Special #1 and the new Castle comic last night.

I'm in .. not sure I'll be able to keep the 3 comics per day pace but I'll try. That stack next to my desk really does need reading.

Read BKV's Logan, Secret Origins Special #1 and the new Castle comic last night.

I tried to stick to 6 an evening but found that difficult. 3 sounds more manageable as I only read at night but then I end up doing other things like watching movies, sport or playing my PS3.

I pretty much quit reading them shortly after we had the third child, as I just no longer had time or interest.

Now I'm so far behind that it is hopeless (he's almost 16). I think I read one or two comics last year, and hopefully will get at least that many or more this year.

My ultimate goal is (loosely) to read runs as they are completed, but since my collecting is so fractured, it is a rare event.

100 comics in 2013 Club

Total : 14 books

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) 14 issues

Never read this (wasn't reading comics when this came out, and just picked up the JMS HC run in a trade). The JMS Spider Totem idea is interesting, and I'll be interested to see where it goes. Love it or hate it, at least its not retreading old material from the last 40+ years. Romita Jr art is in his new style, which I don't dislike, I don't love it, but at least its unique. The best part of this book were the Tangled Web #4-6 reprints, which make me want to go out and get the Tangled Web run for their unique takes on the peripheral characters in the ASM universe.

100 comics in 2013 Club

Total : 14 books

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) 14 issues

Never read this (wasn't reading comics when this came out, and just picked up the JMS HC run in a trade). The JMS Spider Totem idea is interesting, and I'll be interested to see where it goes. Love it or hate it, at least its not retreading old material from the last 40+ years. Romita Jr art is in his new style, which I don't dislike, I don't love it, but at least its unique. The best part of this book were the Tangled Web #4-6 reprints, which make me want to go out and get the Tangled Web run for their unique takes on the peripheral characters in the ASM universe.

The entire Tangled Web run was pretty good. Thinking about it now I may have to pull those out and give them a revisit.

Hellboy seed of destruction #4

Total for 2013 = 10

Just read Hellboy Seed of Destruction 1-4!

I thought I should start the year with an old favorite!

Total for 2013 = 4

EDIT: I might as well read the rest the whole first Library Edition! :whee:

Try again this year. Was going good last year (381) until I had to start prepping for my move across the country in July. Never got back on track.

Off to a good start this year: 15 on Day 1

Morning Glories: tpb 2 and 3 (13 issues, read tpb 1 the day before on 12/31) - Great read all at once. Would be difficult keeping up with all the characters month by month though, so I can see how this title might lose steam after its initial hot debut a couple years ago.

Revival 4 and 5 - Still good read. Probably need to read all 5 issues together in the tpb to get the full effect though.

Bedlam 1 - meh.