• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2013 book club

701 posts in this topic

Detective Comics #13… The penguin re-emerges, this time to thwart Bruce Wayne rather then Batman. I liked the non-Batman follow up story rather then the main one.

Detective Comics #14… Enter Poison Ivy. Penguin’s involved here as well, which is good as I was wondering if the last issue was only going to be a self-contained story. But he’s in the mix with Ivy. Again, I liked the back-up story which fleshes out the main story being told. Starting to enjoy Detective again.

All-Star Western #12… The last page of the Crime Bible. Enjoyable enough story arc but I am getting tired of seeing Hex in Gotham. As much as I am enjoying the title & character, I really hope he starts moving onto other places.

Total: 22

Jonah Hex in Gotham is a waste of time.

Invincible #51 - #75.

Still the best super-hero book in the world, though a number of irritating cross-overs with other Image characters that I have no interest in have started to appear too many times for my liking.

Total: 137

Playing catch-up. I normally pick-up my weekly books on Saturday, but I was in New Orleans, so I grabbed them last night. I did happen to make it back over tonight to get this week's books. I got through last week's. . .

133. Detectve #16

134. Daredevil: End of Days #4

135-138. World's Finest: Huntress and Power Girl #5-8

139-141. Wolverine MAX #1-3

142. Mega Man #21 (I read them all before I send them to my nephew)

143. Superior Spider-Man #1

144. Thunderbolts #3

145. New Guardians Annual #1

146. Fantastic Four #3

147. Action #16

148. The Walking Dead #106

149. Thor: God of Thunder #4

150. Wolverine and the X-Men #23

This week's to follow tonight and/or tomorrow.

1000 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 92 books

Log:

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) (14 issues)

Jan 3: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 2 (15 issues)

Jan 5: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus (12 issues)

Jan 6: Captain America: The Chose (6 issues)

Jan 6: Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine (6 issues)

Jan 8: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 3 (14 issues)

Jan 10: Illuminati TPB (5 issues)

Jan 10: Birds of Prey (2nd series)[/b] 1-16 (16 issues).

Jan 17: Red Mass from Mars TPB: 4 issues. Not as good as his other stuff (Nightly News, etc).

151. New Avengers #2

152. X-Men #40

153. Avenging Spider-Man #16

154. Saga #9

155. Batman #16

156. The Hunted #1

157. Captain Marvel #9

158. Savage Wolverine #1

159. Batgirl #16

160. Batman and Robin #16

161. All New X-Men #6

1000 comics in 2013 Club

Totals: 114 books

Log:

Jan 1: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 1 (JMS/JRJR) (14 issues)

Jan 3: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 2 (15 issues)

Jan 5: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus (12 issues)

Jan 6: Captain America: The Chose (6 issues)

Jan 6: Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine (6 issues)

Jan 8: Best of Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol 3 (14 issues)

Jan 10: Illuminati TPB (5 issues)

Jan 10: Birds of Prey (2nd series)[/b] 1-16 (16 issues).

Jan 17: Red Mass from Mars TPB: 4 issues. Not as good as his other stuff (Nightly News, etc).

Jan 18: Best of Amazing Spiderman HC Vol 4 (15 issues)

Ok so I'm late to the party bust is Mike Diodato still doing all the photo referencing for faces? In this one book Im seeing Matthew McConaughey, Robert De niro, and quite a few other familiar faces, and when he's not photo referencing the faces look HORRIBLE.

Jan 18: Star Wars Legacy TPB Vol 1(7 issues)

Really enjoyed this. Havent been in love with other past SW iterations (except for the original Marvel title). Art is good, Ostrander is creating unique voices in a whole new era of the SW universe. I like the plot. I also like that the druggie jedi plot hasnt been to central cause that could get real After School Special-y real fast. I've got 4 more volumes of this to read, and I cant wait.

Currently working my way thru the Fear Agent Library Vol 1, but I'll be taking a 5 day break from comics for a family vacation...

Just re-read Swamp Thing #1 through 10. Still HIGHLY recommended for those who haven't. Bernie Wrightson did it great :grin:

Also, Giant Size Chillers/Dracula #1 through 5.

Total for the year so far: 15

All 70 issues of Tomb of Dracula in the last ten days, plus Squee #1-4 and JtHM #1-7. Been a busy week for reading! :grin:

Total so far: 96

Just re-read Swamp Thing #1 through 10. Still HIGHLY recommended for those who haven't. Bernie Wrightson did it great :grin:

Also, Giant Size Chillers/Dracula #1 through 5.

Total for the year so far: 15

All 70 issues of Tomb of Dracula in the last ten days, plus Squee #1-4 and JtHM #1-7. Been a busy week for reading! :grin:

Total so far: 96

Wow really busy

Walking Dead TPB Vol 17 -Holy mess!!! Didn't see that coming!!!!

Northlanders TPB (last volume) - picked this up on recommendation. Really good. Each trade is "stand alone" so no need to read in order. Really good. Will be picking up other volumes.