• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I have a DF of locke and key #1....

It's the same cover on slightly less good paper, with a DF on it ( oh and limited to 3000 ) WTF, I have a printer too....I mean if your not going to go through the effort of getting it signed, or a different cover...some value added. It's scarcity for scarcity's sake only.

:hi:

I've just read a lot of board postings of their business practices no matter the book. Slow, high shipping, and not filling orders correctly. Capitalism is a great thing, stop giving them business they will be left with 2 options - either start becoming reliable if someone buys 5 ship 5 simple or go outta business.

Live and learn. I learned and moved on.

Back on topic, EOW sold 43228 issues of number 4 compared to 39441 issues of number 3 or roughly a 9% increase. I think this bodes well for the long term health of this book. Thoughts ?

Some of the increase was likely due to the sketch cover. That being said, this is great news. If the book continues to be awesome and people give the trade a try, this book looks to sell well for the run :-)

Back on topic, EOW sold 43228 issues of number 4 compared to 39441 issues of number 3 or roughly a 9% increase. I think this bodes well for the long term health of this book. Thoughts ?

Some of the increase was likely due to the sketch cover. That being said, this is great news. If the book continues to be awesome and people give the trade a try, this book looks to sell well for the run :-)

Good point. I hadn't thought of the sketch. Comichron didn't have an * beside the number so I don't know if the sketch is included. On the number 1 issue they listed * and included all covers. Hard to say for sure.

It's so obvious he has a ton of passion for this book. His knowledge of storytelling through art shows on every issue, he is beasting this comic, and to think he's gonna keep pushing the limits... ahhhhh Can't wait!

On a side note... I'd buy wolf pajamas, just saying.

It's so obvious he has a ton of passion for this book. His knowledge of storytelling through art shows on every issue, he is beasting this comic, and to think he's gonna keep pushing the limits... ahhhhh Can't wait!

:roflmao: yeah I can see how much they love doing the book every time they talk about it. Great to see that they both want this as a long running series.

:roflmao: yeah I can see how much they love doing the book every time they talk about it. Great to see that they both want this as a long running series.

The pajamas thing is ...scary :grin:

The article is very good and gets me more excited about the EPIC being made. I like it a lot when you hear the creator getting excited about their craft. You see it with Frank on Five Ghosts, Kurtis on Rat Queens ( can't wait), and here with Dragotta. Its a great time to be reading. These guys are leaving it all on the pages.

Edited by The Authority

Some good news on the print run side of things:

One of the RARE modern titles that manage to stop its decline and reverse the flow. Best title to watch out show in the secondary market.

The rest like 5 ghosts, helheim, lazarus, bedlam, revival are all showing declines in print run.

Some good news on the print run side of things:

One of the RARE modern titles that manage to stop its decline and reverse the flow. Best title to watch out show in the secondary market.

The rest like 5 ghosts, helheim, lazarus, bedlam, revival are all showing declines in print run.

Not clear on the basis of one issue of "recovery". Particularly when as someone else has pointed out there was a sketch cover.