• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

So i just read the First TPB i got it in a buy with some Goon tpbs. let me say im hooked now. If i went off issue #1 i would not have continued reading the series but being able to read a few issues at once i can see it picking up steam. Ordered the second tpb today.

I think #13 could be a game changer. For anybody who thought the book was too complex, this was a good old Marvel type slobberknocker ala Hulk vs the Thing :sumo:

Agree. Awesome issue no question. To be honest I was VERY slowly getting down on the book. Went from #1 for me every month to say #15 every month but with this issue....back to my top #5

So i just read the First TPB i got it in a buy with some Goon tpbs. let me say im hooked now. If i went off issue #1 i would not have continued reading the series but being able to read a few issues at once i can see it picking up steam. Ordered the second tpb today.

:banana:

I'm glad you enjoyed the first trade, but I have to say I'm a little surprised. I think Issue 1 is one of the best first issues of a comic I have ever read, and still holds up as one of the best issues in the series.

Edited by Stark Resilient

Im assuming at its the rangers real first name. Bel solomon reffers to him as Hurk when he shows up needin help. (I think issue 7) I thought it was a sound effect at first, but later realized that it's Bel solomon reffering to the ranger by his name.

In issue 4 Hu makes the same sound when Xiaolian grabs her by the face. I think it's just a vocalized sound effect.

I'm not surprised the twitter generation have trouble digesting a comics plot and substance by the first issue.

Like East of West, most novels take more than a chapter to set the scene and hook the reader and I've read where reading books of any length has pretty much been abandoned since the invent of rapid fire online media.

If it can't be typed with their thumbs or read on their phones they're not interested.

I am Groot.

That thing would eat Groot for breakfast

It somewhat reminds me of the True Detective weirdo...

That's exactly what I thought! I think that's part of why I like it so much.

I think I found another True Detective connection.. At least that's what I though of upon starting my rewatch of the show.. The Spiral Dora:

Notice this marking on her back

truedetective4.jpg

Looks similar to this

ScreenShot2014-07-14at45101PM_zps9036ec07.png

Edited by Stark Resilient

Ha ! Good eye ! It's ironic to me that these 2 have similarities being that 1 is my favorite comic in 10 to 15 years and the other was my favorite TV show since Deadwood. That includes Game of Thrones and all of the others I love to watch. :applause:

wwpAYyb.jpg

EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD (ONE-SHOT)

story: JONATHAN HICKMAN

art / cover: NICK DRAGOTTA

OCTOBER 29 / 40 PAGES / FC / T+ / $3.99

“THE WORLD”

A STAND ALONE, all-encompassing look at the wider world of EAST OF WEST. Part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha, EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD is the must-have one-shot companion to the spellbinding series.

NOTE: EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD will contain pivotal plot and character info that will not be in the regular series...so don't miss out!

The Apocalypse is illuminated in EAST OF WEST: THE WORLD.

:whee:

I read #13 again last night. I had it out because my brother was visiting and I had picked up a copy for him. This issue is the high water mark for the series imo. Every time I think we've reached a pinnacle, another great issue hits. It happened with #4, then #6, then #10, and now with #13. Read 'em if you got 'em. :headbang: