• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

What a killer issue. I wish I was more of a MP fan because that print is killer and the stylization goes perfect with EoW. If it were a strictly EoW print I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Wow ! My new favorite issue ! I've been waiting for those pages better than a year.

How bad would it be to find out that you are in a fistfight with your literal end ? Sheesh, talk about a bad day. haha ! lol

This issue reminded why I thought this was the best series I'd read in years. Lots of stuff I out there that I like almost as much but this is still the cream of the crop.

:sumo: East of West :sumo:

MOAR EoW :sumo:

This is the issue we've all been waiting for. The Art was some of my favorite so far, we finally got the showdown between the ranger and death. And my personal favorite, got a look into the "dead lands" and a few puzzle pieces as to what cheveyo, wolf and crow truly are. This issue illustrated so perfectly why I love this series so much, its a perfect blend of sci-fi and fantasy. Its just as much a mythology of old gods and demons as it is futuristic western.

Sitting back down to read it through a second time.

Edited by Meta4

This is the issue we've all been waiting for. The Art was some of my favorite so far, we finally got the showdown between the ranger and death. And my personal favorite, got a look into the "dead lands" and a few puzzle pieces as to what cheveyo, wolf and crow truly are. This issue illustrated so perfectly why I love this series so much, its a perfect blend of sci-fi and fantasy. Its just as much a mythology of old gods and demons as it is futuristic western.

Sitting back down to read it through a second time.

I'm going to do the same. This book was wonderful ! I gave it a quick read at work but I'm going to sit down and savor it tonight. (thumbs u

The potential Death/Ranger team-up makes me nervous for the rest of the world.

No doubt about that but I'm thinking their are still 4 people/entities that might present a challenge and the last page look like the technology could present problems too. I love that it looks like they're partnering up. (thumbs u

I like the fact that they have set aside their differences. One of tte things st makes this book so great is the fact that there are not "good" or "bad" guys, just differning factions and people who have different goals. If those goals oppose each other, we get conflict. Even death and the ranger getti into it had very little to do with sides, Hurk was just assasinating the chosen to pay his debt to Bel Solomon, and it happened to be as death was grilling cheveyo for information.

Edited by Meta4

I don't see the Ranger having enough firepower to take on Death, do you ? Strategically, I could maybe see it if the Ranger got a more powerful weapon that he could shoot from space... lol

Edited by The Authority

I like the fact that they have set aside their differences. One of tte things st makes this book so great is the fact that there are not "good" or "bad" guys, just differning factions and people who have different goals. If those goals oppose each other, we get conflict. Even death and the ranger getti into it had very little to do with sides, Hurk was just assasinating the chosen to pay his debt to Bel Solomon, and it happened to be as death was grilling cheveyo for information.

I've heard the Hurk name before but I don't recall it coming from the comics. Where did you read it ?

Im assuming at its the rangers real first name. Bel solomon reffers to him as Hurk when he shows up needin help. (I think issue 7) I thought it was a sound effect at first, but later realized that it's Bel solomon reffering to the ranger by his name.

I don't see the Ranger having enough firepower to take on Death, do you ? Strategically, I could maybe see it if the Ranger got a more powerful weapon that he could shoot from space... lol

I think thats what makes this conflict so fitting. They're bound to join sides. The ranger is a charecter based upon vengence. Who better to team up with vengence than death?

I think thats what makes this conflict so fitting. They're bound to join sides. The ranger is a charecter based upon vengence. Who better to team up with vengence than death?

I'm with you on this. I think they are a great combo and black and white just go to together. lol

Im assuming at its the rangers real first name. Bel solomon reffers to him as Hurk when he shows up needin help. (I think issue 7) I thought it was a sound effect at first, but later realized that it's Bel solomon reffering to the ranger by his name.

I need to go back and take another look at that because I somehow missed it. I wouldn't be surprised but I've read the series 3 times now. What am I saying. I lose my I keys every other day and I've been driving over 30 years. lol

I've heard the Hurk name before but I don't recall it coming from the comics. Where did you read it ?

Hurk was the musclely white cop on the HBO series The Wire. That's the only other hurk i've heard of.

JH: I will say this, coming out in October is East of West: The World. It’s a stand alone, all-encompassing look at the wider world of East of West. Sort of a part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha. There’s going to be a lot of stuff in there that is pivotal to the series, but, because of the format, it’s really easy to get an astronaut’s view of the world.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/03/image-watch-jonathan-hickman-on-east-of-west-year-one-and-the-world-cup/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

JH: I will say this, coming out in October is East of West: The World. It’s a stand alone, all-encompassing look at the wider world of East of West. Sort of a part atlas, part encyclopedia, part timeline, and part apocrypha. There’s going to be a lot of stuff in there that is pivotal to the series, but, because of the format, it’s really easy to get an astronaut’s view of the world.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/03/image-watch-jonathan-hickman-on-east-of-west-year-one-and-the-world-cup/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I was just coming here to post this. My buddy thinks it's gonna be an NYCC exclusive, but I'm not entirely sold on that.

Either way, this one-shot really excites me. I'm really looking forward to it.