• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

The entire board has been quiet. Since I've been on this board, this title, Saga, and The Walking Dead have been the busiest modern threads. I think some people ( me included ) wanted this to be the second coming of Saga on the secondary market. It hasn't been but that doesn't take away from the quality of the story. I would pay $10 for this book every month if they could stay on a 30 day schedule.

I always thought BKV's best story was Ex Machina and it is the only run of his that I won't sell including Y but it never brought big money and to some, that's all that matters. I think this is Hickman's Ex Machina or Ellis' Planetary. It is something special. East of West would really have to take a bad turn not to remain in my actual collection. This book ROCKS :headbang:

The entire board has been quiet. Since I've been on this board, this title, Saga, and The Walking Dead have been the busiest modern threads. I think some people ( me included ) wanted this to be the second coming of Saga on the secondary market. It hasn't been but that doesn't take away from the quality of the story. I would pay $10 for this book every month if they could stay on a 30 day schedule.

I always thought BKV's best story was Ex Machina and it is the only run of his that I won't sell including Y but it never brought big money and to some, that's all that matters. I think this is Hickman's Ex Machina or Ellis' Planetary. It is something special. East of West would really have to take a bad turn not to remain in my actual collection. This book ROCKS :headbang:

I agree with you. This book is truly something special, but it doesn't have those TV show or movie rumblings to boost it's market value. The story is the best one out there IMO, and if it keeps this quality up, could certainly end up as my favorite all time when this series is finished.

I agree with you. This book is truly something special, but it doesn't have those TV show or movie rumblings to boost it's market value. The story is the best one out there IMO, and if it keeps this quality up, could certainly end up as my favorite all time when this series is finished.

It launched during 2013s mini spec bubble, which creates a lot of drag on the comics value. Obviously readers dont care about stuff like that, but negative secondary market values is a buzz killer and keeps books off people's minds and lips.

When guys are trying to dump 20 copies of the same book in 9.8 in one lot, its not exactly helping a book gain positive buzz.

As with most of the books during the spec mania, it takes time for ebay, etc to not be absolutely flooded with copies, and then price, interest and buzz can start to grow.

It launched during 2013s mini spec bubble, which creates a lot of drag on the comics value. Obviously readers dont care about stuff like that, but negative secondary market values is a buzz killer and keeps books off people's minds and lips.

When guys are trying to dump 20 copies of the same book in 9.8 in one lot, its not exactly helping a book gain positive buzz.

As with most of the books during the spec mania, it takes time for ebay, etc to not be absolutely flooded with copies, and then price, interest and buzz can start to grow.

Yeah. I'm no longer surprised it isn't the fireball earner I thought it would be but I'm shocked that word of mouth hasn't caused it to add readers. It's the shizzle my dizzle. :roflmao:

I thought I was giving a really good deal to Boardies. Mr. Analyzes everything, great analogy again, god I miss you..

I am sure it was a good deal, I hope you sell them, but you are working against yourself when it just looks like dumping.

I thought I was giving a really good deal to Boardies. Mr. Analyzes everything, great analogy again, god I miss you..

I am sure it was a good deal, I hope you sell them, but you are working against yourself when it just looks like dumping.

First of all if I decide to sell 1 or 20 it's my business. And if I decide to dump giving a great deal, again, it's my business. Are you serious with your statements. A person decides to sell, is it not his decision. You sit back as you usually do and analyze everything. Make your opinions and comments like you always do, Mr. Know it all, next time I post something I will ask you the professional of when it's a good time I should sell my stuff. You are pathetic bro, you really are..Next time go find someone else to attack with your dumping statement against me.

Edited by Hulk44

First of all if I decide to sell 1 or 20 it's my business. And if I decide to dump giving a great deal, again, it's my business. Are you serious with your statements. A person decides to sell, is it not his decision. You sit back as you usually do and analyze everything. Make your opinions and comments like you always do, Mr. Know it all, next time I post something I will ask you the professional of when it's a good time I should sell my stuff. You are pathetic bro, you really are..Next time go find someone else to attack with your dumping statement against me.

He was just trying to give some advice. I understand his statement and also agree with it. On the other hand I also understand your point, they are your books and you can do as you please with them. All he was trying to say is if you flood the market, the supply will be more then the demand, making the value decrease.

Good luck with your sales.

He was just trying to give some advice. I understand his statement and also agree with it. On the other hand I also understand your point, they are your books and you can do as you please with them. All he was trying to say is if you flood the market, the supply will be more then the demand, making the value decrease.

Good luck with your sales.

+1

Nowhere did I say a person couldnt do as they please with their own possessions. I am a very freedom/liberty oriented guy. Burn your books if it makes you happy hulk, they are yours.

My point in this thread is that there are tons of EoW #1s in all variants, printings, etc. They sit unsold because supply massively exceeds demand, and that acts like a lead weight on the series' value/buzz.

I referenced "a person's sale" to make a point and didnt name you specifically. But selling 20 of the same book at the same time, ANY book, will always cause the price to fall, and interest to wain. I could equally use the example of the guy who was selling Shazam's by the case.