• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Actually, I'm guessing it's around 20' to the ceiling and I'm a little over 6' tall. It's a nice shop but when I left, they only had 1 East of West and 1 Spread left on the shelf. I only bought 1 of each and it was noon when I was there. I think they need to order more Image books. They did have a ton of the DC 3D covers and a good amount of Copperhead.

Edited by The Authority

This book is definitely complex, maybe to a fault, but I love it. A book that makes me go back and reread things for clarity is not a bad thing. I agree with the statement that when the writer tries to speak in tongues it makes it more difficult to understand. I also think that with the one shot coming next month, hopefully we will get a good bit of background info on the players. It does read better in trades IMO, and maybe by issue 50 or 75 or whatever, we can look back and see just how bada$$ this book really is. I loved this issue BTW, the balloon, the "boy", all of it. I also like how light and fluffy the last 2 pages feel knowing how dark the subject is. EoW keeps getting better.

Edited by lateralus38

Wow ..great issue. shart is really hitting the fan now :headbang:

Can't wait to see what balloon boy does next.

I got the sense that Babylon was naive at the beginning of this and other issues and in some ways, he still is. On the other hand, the 3 horsemen excluding Death, found out how ruthless he truly is, especially Conquest. I blame it on Balloon :grin:

Then, proceed to a few box panels that talk about a new character that either hasn't shown up, or had no part in the last issue. Again, be non-sensical when you do it

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed out loud at this part. I love the ever-expanding cast of this book, and I appreciated that they each had an issue, so that we can be familiar with them, but it certainly feels like this is what happens sometimes

They can make GoT work, they could make this work. I still think its early to convert because there is such a large cast and landscape that needs to be fleshed out imo. My thinking is that there will be more than just the Death, Beast, Chosen , and others that have their story told. I'm betting that East of West will be just one one many books involving this world in the long run. 2c

They can make GoT work, they could make this work. I still think its early to convert because there is such a large cast and landscape that needs to be fleshed out imo. My thinking is that there will be more than just the Death, Beast, Chosen , and others that have their story told. I'm betting that East of West will be just one one many books involving this world in the long run. 2c

Agree. I am not saying they should adapt immediately but rather i am hoping this could be a legitimate possibility. HBO has a problem on their hands with GoT. They are going to pass up the literary work within the next 3-4 years. George RR Martin is not getting any younger and clearly not "writing" any faster. But with East of West they evolve as the comic evolves. Obviously this is wishful thinking on my part but man what a show that would be.

Agree. I am not saying they should adapt immediately but rather i am hoping this could be a legitimate possibility. HBO has a problem on their hands with GoT. They are going to pass up the literary work within the next 3-4 years. George RR Martin is not getting any younger and clearly not "writing" any faster. But with East of West they evolve as the comic evolves. Obviously this is wishful thinking on my part but man what a show that would be.

I'm wishing with you :wishluck:

Today's movie making and even more importantly, special effects, are truly incredible. I used to wish for comic book movies when I was a kid and the only thing that came out then worth watching in the comic dept. was Superman imo. Now, I go to see a show like GotG, Thir, The Dark Knight, and I'm totally impressed with the results. HBO could definitely handle this project and it has enough moving parts to be made interesting for years.

Edited by The Authority

I'm wishing with you :wishluck:

Today's movie making and even more importantly, special effects, are truly incredible. I used to wish for comic book movies when I was a kid and the only thing that came out then worth watching in the comic dept. was Superman imo. Now, I go to see a show like GotG, Thir, The Dark Knight, and I'm totally impressed with the results. HBO could definitely handle this project and it has enough moving parts to be made interesting for years.

+11 (i am guessing only a few will get the joke)