• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top five favorite covers of all time.

338 posts in this topic

oh, I'm not disrespectin' he just loves that shirt...

almost like Charlie Brown loves the zigzag yellow.

:grin:

Im gonna ask him next time I see him if he does that for camera pics purposes...

Nov 2012 at Long Beach Comic Con he signed all my 227s and I asked him why it was such an iconic issue...

He looked at me and said and I quote,

"Because I'm f-@-c-k-!-n-g Neal Adams!"

I just smiled :cloud9:

Don't have time for a top 5, but for my money, this has to be in there. Vess is Awesome.

1-1.jpg

I love that cover! :headbang: Easily one of my favorite Spidey covers!

That cover was cool back in the day. It was like a darker, grittier Spider-man than what I was used to seeing. I remember buying it, as well as hunting around for 3-packs in Walgreens trying to find it there after it started selling for 3-5X cover price. I was a young teenager, mind you - so selling a book I got in a 99¢ 3-pack for $3 was a windfall.

My top 5:

1. Wonder Woman 199 - Jeff Jones cover

2. ASM 100 - Romita Sr goodness

3. ASM Annual #2 - classic Spidey pose by Ditko

4. Hulk 340 - McFarlane

5. Quadrant #1 - Peter Hsu

Honourable mention should go to The Official Index to the Conan Universe by Mike Kaluta.

That cover was cool back in the day. It was like a darker, grittier Spider-man than what I was used to seeing. I remember buying it, as well as hunting around for 3-packs in Walgreens trying to find it there after it started selling for 3-5X cover price. I was a young teenager, mind you - so selling a book I got in a 99¢ 3-pack for $3 was a windfall.

I was not (and still am not) a big Spidey fan, but I loved this cover and bought the issue when it came out. The problem was the interior art wasn't nearly as good, and the story was blah.

Daredevil_Vol_1_181.jpg

:cloud9:

Some other great choices too! :applause:

@Chris - I love the Archie cover! The more I see them, the more I start to hm

This may be my fav all time comic for story and art combined. Wish we can see this kind of work again.

I agree! From start to finish! I have a nice print of this cover - I have to get it framed! hm