• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

I sold something on half.com for a total of $7 including shipping and USPS sent it somewhere else. Shows in the tracking that it is sitting someplace else. What else can you do?

I will simply refund the guy and chalk it up as a loss. No, I did not take insurance out on it. It does not make sense to take insurance out on something like that at such a minimal value.

Just annoys me that the buyer did not get his item.

Yeah, those are the lump-it-and-learn type of things.

:(

-slym

Yeah but there is nothing really to do in a case like that. If I sell a $5 CD does it make sense to eat $2+ on insurance for each one? Nah, and I won't do such a thing in the future. It sucks that it happened but I have been due. It has been 15 years after all and I have left 3,140 comments in peoples feedback threads so that cannot be so bad so I am not going to go crazy with this.

I do not think the buyer is lying or trying to scam me in anyway. Hopefully he does not think I am doing anything funny on my end.

Just annoying as I sent it out to Sedona Arizona 86340 via First Class and it wound up in Sedona Arizona 86336 marked as delivered after two weeks.

What-ev's

USPS opened an investigation and will get back to me by Monday. I wrote the buyer the following:

"Just got off the phone with the postal service and opened a case to see what happened to it. They said that they would let me know what the outcome is by the close of business on Monday. I pointed out that I sent it out First Class and that it was odd that it was sent to the wrong address as well as taking two weeks to do so. They will look into it.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you would want a digital copy to tide you over? I am sorry that this is happening and I promise you that you will either get your CD or a complete refund. I would just like to find out what happened to it first."

Hopefully I don't get a negative or a neutral out of this.

000001ba.jpg

J/K! :foryou:

-slym

lol

classic.

half.com is a genius site... just throw up all your unwanted books, CDs, movies and video games up on the site. Pull them down off the shelf or wherever once they sell. Little to no effort required.

USPS opened an investigation and will get back to me by Monday. I wrote the buyer the following:

"Just got off the phone with the postal service and opened a case to see what happened to it. They said that they would let me know what the outcome is by the close of business on Monday. I pointed out that I sent it out First Class and that it was odd that it was sent to the wrong address as well as taking two weeks to do so. They will look into it.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you would want a digital copy to tide you over? I am sorry that this is happening and I promise you that you will either get your CD or a complete refund. I would just like to find out what happened to it first."

Yeah, if this person isn't a total Tampax, he should give you the benefit of the doubt, hopefully.

:wishluck:

-slym

half.com is a genius site... just throw up all your unwanted books, CDs, movies and video games up on the site. Pull them down off the shelf or wherever once they sell. Little to no effort required.

There a store fee like on ebay to post on half.com?

There a store fee like on ebay to post on half.com?

No, free to list and the items remain in your online store until they sell or you remove them from your inventory.

Yeah, those are the lump-it-and-learn type of things.

:(

-slym

Yeah but there is nothing really to do in a case like that. If I sell a $5 CD does it make sense to eat $2+ on insurance for each one? Nah, and I won't do such a thing in the future. It sucks that it happened but I have been due. It has been 15 years after all and I have left 3,140 comments in peoples feedback threads so that cannot be so bad so I am not going to go crazy with this.

I do not think the buyer is lying or trying to scam me in anyway. Hopefully he does not think I am doing anything funny on my end.

Just annoying as I sent it out to Sedona Arizona 86340 via First Class and it wound up in Sedona Arizona 86336 marked as delivered after two weeks.

What-ev's

Update:

No one has called.... so I called the USPS with the case number. I am nothing but nice as the person I am speaking to has nothing to do with the situation and understand why I would be calling as it is 7PM here in NY. They told me that with the time difference Arizona has another 4 hours to investigate and get back to me as they close at 8PM. Then the operator told me that if they do not I should call Consumer Affairs on the Post Office.

Let me repeat that. I should call Consumer Affairs... on the post office. What in the blue Hell?

And the PO told you to call Consumer Affairs on themselves...

hm

-slym

I know, right?

It is almost 11pm and Arizona still has not called. Tomorrow morning at 8 I am going to make a phone call to consumer affairs like the said and refund the guy his ten dollars no matter what.

It is also a CD so I will send him a digital copy of the CD as an additional I am sorry.

hm

-slym

I know, right?

It is almost 11pm and Arizona still has not called. Tomorrow morning at 8 I am going to make a phone call to consumer affairs like the said and refund the guy his ten dollars no matter what.

It is also a CD so I will send him a digital copy of the CD as an additional I am sorry.

SOP. I also had the P.O. tell me to call NJ Consumer Affairs, and even gave me the phone number. I called and got a recording, "mailbox is full". I called P.O. back the next day and told them that. They called NJCA themselves, for me. Two days later I received a call from a woman in NJCA telling me my package was delivered. I checked tracking and sure enough, it was. :)

:takeit:

hm

-slym

I know, right?

SOP. I also had the P.O. tell me to call NJ Consumer Affairs, and even gave me the phone number. I called and got a recording, "mailbox is full". I called P.O. back the next day and told them that. They called NJCA themselves, for me. Two days later I received a call from a woman in NJCA telling me my package was delivered. I checked tracking and sure enough, it was. :)

:takeit:

Oh, it was delivered... just to someone else.

They sent it to the correct city, just the wrong location in that city.

It is like if you sent something to NYC and instead of sending it to 35 East they sent it to 35 West in a different zip code but still part of NYC.

The tracking even indicates that it is in a different zip code within the city. I never knew that Sedona was that big.

The guy is not screwing me over. He deserves his money back. I will do so tomorrow afternoon.

How do you know the buyer didn't have it forwarded? What does tracking say?

That's a common scam. Paypal only backs a seller when DC shows delivered to the correct zip code.

The way to prevent this is to make sure you mark all packages, "Do Not Forward and Return Service Requested". I do.

HulkSmash, who suffers no ebay scamming fools!

How do you know the buyer didn't have it forwarded? What does tracking say?

That's a common scam. Paypal only backs a seller when DC shows delivered to the correct zip code.

The way to prevent this is to make sure you mark all packages, "Do Not Forward and Return Service Requested". I do.

HulkSmash, who suffers no ebay scamming fools!

Guy has over 10,000 feedback almost all positive. On top of that it was not directed to the correct zip code. USPS sent it to another location within the city. Believe me, if I felt I was being scammed I would take a heavy handed approach.