• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Draiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinage, Eli, you boy!!

Did you think your song and dance and your superstition would help you, Eli? I am the Third Revelation! I am who the Lord has chosen!

:news:

This thread is the thread to post your new story about eBay.

Maybe you got burned, maybe you can't believe how cheaply something went for, maybe you have butthurt.....this is the thread.

Post here please. (thumbs u

Here is a first for me and I have been an eBay member since Dec-97.

I just got hit with a buyer restriction because I opened cases against sellers in 4 of my last 6 purchases. Nothing opened up in the prior 100 purchases (about 7 months since the last raw comic not as described issue, I have avoided eBay for a while when it was raw but no slabbed comics had popped up lately) but in the last 6 purchases 2 items where not as described (NM+ comic damaged due to poor shipping and a WWII era camera described as working which was not and missing a key part to be able to work) and 2 items that were never delivered (if not ever shipped sellers refused to provide tracking info or didn't ship with a method to track) and I waited 40 days in both cases giving the seller the benefit of doubt.

I am now blocked from buying or bidding on anything for the next 14 days. 4 cases in question are also for items totaling about $165 TOTAL. The prior 10 or so purchases directly before this fun cluster were all $200 or greater individual purchases. I have spent $15K + on eBay over the past 6 damn months.

I am still okay to sell though, eBay made sure to clarify that to me but hell no I am not allowed to buy or bid on anything for 14 days.

I hate eBay.

-end rant....

hm Take another break, I suppose. (shrug) 14 days should do it. :grin:

Your activity was odd, that's why you got flagged. Most people don't have 4 bad transactions out of 6.

Sorry to hear about your luck. :(

Andy

Yeah I don't even care enough to call and complain. The last 2 months I have bought next to nothing with the moving from one state to another for work thing. It figures the few small transactions is all they look at. If I called in and complained I am willing to bet they would reverse it instantly. But my wife is already mad at the money I have spent on comics on the boards this month so I might as well enjoy the vacation from eBay to keep her happy.

Ok, here we go...

A buyer with 13 feedback just bought a few early 200 ASM's from me.

He waited until the last day to pay. With his payment there was a note which reads:

"hi i was wondering i have spiderman 203 would u be able to take it off or change it for 202 or 206 or something of similar value"

I'm thinking

A) why did you bid on it in the first place if you already have it and

B) why not ask me to cancel your bid or send a note requesting it be removed instead of paying first and then asking me to remove or 'swap' it out

Any advice on how to handle this? No way am I swapping it for something else and then have the guy come back and say he never received his item...

Ok, here we go...

A buyer with 13 feedback just bought a few early 200 ASM's from me.

He waited until the last day to pay. With his payment there was a note which reads:

"hi i was wondering i have spiderman 203 would u be able to take it off or change it for 202 or 206 or something of similar value"

I'm thinking

A) why did you bid on it in the first place if you already have it and

B) why not ask me to cancel your bid or send a note requesting it be removed instead of paying first and then asking me to remove or 'swap' it out

Any advice on how to handle this? No way am I swapping it for something else and then have the guy come back and say he never received his item...

well he may have bid and then later realized he already had it (I've done that before, but went ahead and bought it anyway since it was my mistake).

I wouldn't start mucking with what's being delivered. The auction was for comic book A, either send him comic book A or cancel the transaction. Sending him a different book opens the door to you not meeting your obligation, and him keeping the other book, or you having to pay both parts of shipping and ending up with no sale of that book.