• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Just had another dealer stiff me on a $10K deal after committing to it. It happens all the time.

You want to sell comics? Here it comes....get used to it.

Ok, here we go...

A buyer with 13 feedback just bought a few early 200 ASM's from me.

He waited until the last day to pay. With his payment there was a note which reads:

"hi i was wondering i have spiderman 203 would u be able to take it off or change it for 202 or 206 or something of similar value"

I'm thinking

A) why did you bid on it in the first place if you already have it and

B) why not ask me to cancel your bid or send a note requesting it be removed instead of paying first and then asking me to remove or 'swap' it out

Any advice on how to handle this? No way am I swapping it for something else and then have the guy come back and say he never received his item...

Just say that you are obligated to send him the item that he won or you could potentially be in worse shape if you don't. The rules are in place to protect both the buyer and seller, he should understand this. On top of it all, it's his mistake, he has to own up to that. 2c

ok. here's my rant/butt-hurt/need-a-shoulder-to-cry-on:

1/26 sole bidder/won a book, Manny #1 vol.1. Paid immediately like always. Seller marked shipped 2/2. Wait for mail. Books I won after this one started arriving, so, waaaaaaait more.

2/15 or so I drop line to seller, "hey do ya have a tracking # don't have it yet".... No response. Let a few days lapse.

Gave up, opened case stating I either want refund or the book. Seller responds "don't know what I did with the book, or where it is". Huh??? It was marked shipped, should be in the mail somewhere. Offers refund and issue #2 for free, though I really want what I bid on. I agreed and responded why it had to take me to open a case to get him/her to respond, this was 2 days ago, haven't heard anything else.

Glad it was only about $15 (which I think why the "pedigree" book got "lost"). Anyway, that's my little bit of butt-hurt. I've had much worse, but it's been a while. Desire to use eBay as a buying outlet is quickly waning along with selling.

ok. here's my rant/butt-hurt/need-a-shoulder-to-cry-on:

1/26 sole bidder/won a book, Manny #1 vol.1. Paid immediately like always. Seller marked shipped 2/2. Wait for mail. Books I won after this one started arriving, so, waaaaaaait more.

2/15 or so I drop line to seller, "hey do ya have a tracking # don't have it yet".... No response. Let a few days lapse.

Gave up, opened case stating I either want refund or the book. Seller responds "don't know what I did with the book, or where it is". Huh??? It was marked shipped, should be in the mail somewhere. Offers refund and issue #2 for free, though I really want what I bid on. I agreed and responded why it had to take me to open a case to get him/her to respond, this was 2 days ago, haven't heard anything else.

Glad it was only about $15 (which I think why the "pedigree" book got "lost"). Anyway, that's my little bit of butt-hurt. I've had much worse, but it's been a while. Desire to use eBay as a buying outlet is quickly waning along with selling.

Glad you got your refund! (thumbs u

Yeah I don't even care enough to call and complain. The last 2 months I have bought next to nothing with the moving from one state to another for work thing. It figures the few small transactions is all they look at. If I called in and complained I am willing to bet they would reverse it instantly. But my wife is already mad at the money I have spent on comics on the boards this month so I might as well enjoy the vacation from eBay to keep her happy.

Two weeks? Geez, I wish two weeks were all my wife needed to get over my purchases. I'm in month #4 standing in my wife's "madlights" for spending a measly 8k on books and OA last year. :eyeroll:

I tried to dodge her bullets by telling her it could easily have been 10k, but that didn't work (shrug)

I don't really sell on ebay anymore (at least not successfully), so my stories are limited those encountered by buyers. My favorite was the one where I won a $70 book on Sunday night (no other bidders, I just bid the starting price), and was promptly sent an invoice. By Monday afternoon, not even 24 hours after the auction was over, I was sent a second invoice where the seller wrote "second notice". Now, I'm generally not the vindictive h0le type, but I was really tempted to leave a snarky feedback for this rather impatient seller. Its $70 dude...chill.

Sold a bunch of CGCd books and accidentally swapped a mailing label...so a $200 DD #158 CGC 9.6 went to a guy who bought a $20 book.

The guy is a low-end dealer who says he can't find it, even though the postal tracking shows he received the slab a month ago.

I keep waiting for him to resell it on eBay.

I had a guy send me a large, 4 figure Paypal eCheck that bounced.

Is this the place to complain?

:D

Absolutely. You may begin. (thumbs u

The buyer's name is jlg_303

Apparently, jlg_303 has not been removed from eBay and he has no intention of paying. Wonderful.

I sell a lot of stuff on eBay and typically everything gets there just fine. Comics, cards, militaria, stamps, police patches, whatever, no problem. However, when it comes to silver bars or coins, sent without a tracking number, the items miraculously don't get there. 11 items have been "lost" in the mail, 10 of those were silver.

:cry:

EBay drank my milkshake!

I sell a lot of stuff on eBay and typically everything gets there just fine. Comics, cards, militaria, stamps, police patches, whatever, no problem. However, when it comes to silver bars or coins, sent without a tracking number, the items miraculously don't get there. 11 items have been "lost" in the mail, 10 of those were silver.

EBay drank my milkshake!

I don't understand why you would ship silver bars or coins without a tracking number. The scammers know that they can get free items if there is no delivery confirmation. Especially signature confirmation for items over $250

EBay drank my milkshake!

I don't understand why you would ship silver bars or coins without a tracking number. The scammers know that they can get free items if there is no delivery confirmation. Especially signature confirmation for items over $250

They're cheaper lots, like $20-$70. Over $100, I ask for $20 for shipping with a tracking number. I need to learn to not list anything less than $100. :makepoint:

EBay drank my milkshake!

Yeah! Why would you do that??

I had a long conversation with eBay customer support yesterday. I don't sell alot on ebay and when I do its mainly low dollar stuff and I've never had trouble with non paying bidders. This past month though I've been selling some drek and I've had my first three non paying bidders. The thing that gets me, and what I explained to the eBay support rep, is how blatant they are to disregard what they "won." I had one tell me that they wanted the item but wouldn't be able to pay for awhile and tried to lure me into canceling the transaction prior to the close of the non-paying bidder case. Another one actually had the gall to say that they had found a better quality item and were going to purchase it instead.

I told the ebay rep that we as sellers should be able to see the number of non paying bidder "strikes" a buyer has and therefore be able to cancel their bids based on it. She thought it was a good idea. I'm sure its something that would never be implemented because it makes sense.