• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Xbone is spiraling into the dirt with hardcore people online, but most of the people that are going to buy it dont even know it exists yet and wont until they see a commercial around thanksgiving. I expect Sony is going to be doing some advertising pointing out all the shortcomings kind of the way cell phones are advertised now.

Star Trek is terrible and Aliens has been as cheap as 9.99 online because it is really that bad.

For me personally, I will never buy another X-box product. Not after the RROD and subsequent denials from Microsoft that there was a problem with the 360. A close friend of mine had his 360 RROD 3 times before he had enough.

Hey, guys How are the Mass Effect, Killzone, Splinter Cell, Resistance Fall of Man and F.E.A.R. Franchise?

Not sure 'bout the rest, but Mass Effect 1 and 2 are :cloud9: ... epic, IMO. ME2 in particular, the DLC is all aces, bought every one on day one. Bioware gots lots of mah $$ that year.

ME3, no so much... multi-player is uber-keen, but I have yet to bother playing my Shepard through to conclusion. :(

Honestly, one of the few xBox games (ME1 & 2) I've played through multiple times... (thumbs u (thumbs u

I like Mass Effect quite a bit...the first game is a bit of a slog, but the story is good after that they are easier to play without feeling the rpg grind as you mine for resources and stuff. Killzone is sweet especially in 3D :D...Fear I lost interest in but the first couple were fun. Its always fun to slow motion headshot people. Resistance is one of my favorite franchises. I really enjoyed the first game a lot and the others are alright too.

PS4 will play used games & won't require always-online connection.

Plus,a $399 price tag.

SONY RULES!! :headbang:

As an Xbox and Xbox 360 owner, even I admit the console war is over before it even began. Going to pre-order a PS4.

Plus,a $399 price tag.

As an Xbox and Xbox 360 owner, even I admit the console war is over before it even began. Going to pre-order a PS4.

Probably going to do the same. Such a shame there's no backwards compatibility as I'd love to play some of the older PS3 games on the PS4.

Plus,a $399 price tag.

Probably going to do the same. Such a shame there's no backwards compatibility as I'd love to play some of the older PS3 games on the PS4.

that's in the works with their cloud services company they spoke about in the event. Can't remember name of the company.

Plus,a $399 price tag.

that's in the works with their cloud services company they spoke about in the event. Can't remember name of the company.

Oh yeah, I think I heard about that. You can stream the games instead of playing them from the disc or something. Will be interesting to see how it runs...

In any case, since I haven't been able to play any of the PS3 exclusives, this means that I'm almost certainly switching sides to the PS4 now. I really want to play Heavy Rain and, now, Last of Us.

A system that requires constant Internet connection? No thanks...

What happens to all those games once they pull he plug on the system six to eight years later? I remember the controversary when they pulled the plug on Xbox live for the original Xbox. Better hope the next Xbox is backwards ompstible...and they do not lock out used games.

Sorry but you have been misinformed. You do not need to be online all the time and you will be able to buy used games.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352542/xbox-one-always-online-not-required-used-games-work

Microsoft says it's "designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," and promises to offer more details in future. Wired has some additional details, noting that secondary use of a game disc will require a fee so that it will be marked and owned and can be played without the disc — something the Xbox One supports natively.

So you buy the used game and then pay again to play it?

Way to kill a market

Microsoft`s plan to charge a fee for selling used games will go down as a bigger blunder then when Heroes World was bought by Marvel Comics to act as Marvel's exclusive distributor.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur