• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion on the 3DS are taking most of my game playing time. I was in the hospital recently and couldn't wait to go home and play my 3DS (yes, I know the irony as it is a portable system).

Got to love Nintendo. No matter what the critics say (in my opinion) , they still make the best games.

'Mint'

Seems like Microsoft dropped the ball with their reveal. Hell, even Sony's stock went up. The reveal definitely had to be a contributor. No doubt I'm getting the PS4, but the decision on whether or not I also want the One depends on what happens at E3. But so far..... Sony, the World is Yours.

They call it X-box one but its the third console..

Bad Naming.. Should have gone differently

Yea I agree- I actually liked the XBox 720 better. It made sense.

And I'm not that excited about their system. Seems like they are just adding on a cable box. That doesn't excite me that much...

A system that requires constant Internet connection? No thanks...

What happens to all those games once they pull he plug on the system six to eight years later? I remember the controversary when they pulled the plug on Xbox live for the original Xbox. Better hope the next Xbox is backwards ompstible...and they do not lock out used games.

SORRY, Microsoft, but I will stick with Nintendo.

Edit: No backwards compatibility either...?

Edited by mintcollector

Please help! Trying to find out the name of an old text based adventure game that was set in the old west. It would show pictures of where you were in the game. At one point you were in a poker game and it showed a picture of someone with a cowboy hat on and their cards up to their face as they were peeking over the top of them. Think you had to blow up the entrance to a cave or mine shaft with dynamite. It was pretty hard back then but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. It may have started off where you were just recovering from being mugged. Any ideas would be awsome.

What happens to all those games once they pull he plug on the system six to eight years later? I remember the controversary when they pulled the plug on Xbox live for the original Xbox. Better hope the next Xbox is backwards ompstible...and they do not lock out used games.

Sorry but you have been misinformed. You do not need to be online all the time and you will be able to buy used games.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352542/xbox-one-always-online-not-required-used-games-work

wow yeah that's a terrible name!

Please help! Trying to find out the name of an old text based adventure game that was set in the old west. It would show pictures of where you were in the game. At one point you were in a poker game and it showed a picture of someone with a cowboy hat on and their cards up to their face as they were peeking over the top of them. Think you had to blow up the entrance to a cave or mine shaft with dynamite. It was pretty hard back then but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. It may have started off where you were just recovering from being mugged. Any ideas would be awsome.

pm buyatari (or is it buyatari2, can't recall) on these boards... he is pretty knowledgeable on text adventures.

wow yeah that's a terrible name!

When I see the name X-box one, I immediately think of the first generation brick. Who makes these decisions? :facepalm:

They don't have any plans to make it backwards compatible and once you buy a game and install it is link to your xbox live account. If you let it to your friend he/her would need to pay a fee in others words paying the $60 to play it on a different account.

Sorry but you have been misinformed. You do not need to be online all the time and you will be able to buy used games.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4352542/xbox-one-always-online-not-required-used-games-work

Microsoft says it's "designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games," and promises to offer more details in future. Wired has some additional details, noting that secondary use of a game disc will require a fee so that it will be marked and owned and can be played without the disc — something the Xbox One supports natively.

So you buy the used game and then pay again to play it?

Way to kill a market

It could hurt used games somewhat, but if the fee is small (say 100 MS points) then it's no big deal. What this would affect is the act of renting games, so Game fly may be in trouble.

MS has to be careful, if you make it difficult to sell/buy used games it will hurt stores like Game Stop, and if you make them mad they will refuse to sell the system. That is bad business.