• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Xbox Live will also be offering free games like PSN+ in the future as they are running scared

i saw that, i think there will be restrictions on which games

Edited by Maccai3

I'm just very surprised that the we-can-block-used-games-feature was MS exclusive. I was sure it would be on the PS4 as well.

I pictured publishers/execs with huge boners (and piles of money) asking MS/Sony to implement such "feature"

But i guess it's MS's own greed as publishers ? But it's the publishers that decide to use the feature or not and MS has said they don't get a dime for the used game fee if implemented.

Not sure wtf MS was thinking, but hey, they thought windows 8 was a great idea :facepalm:

Anyway, i own both current gen, bought the PS3 mostly for the bluray and after one or 2 price drops.

Waited for an xbox version that didn't RROD and bought 120gb version just because of Burnout Paradise.

Right now i don't intent to own a Xbox 111!!!!!! ONE... and i won't buy a PS4 until

1) a new harware revision is out, never buy v1.0

2) there are at least two games out i want to play.

All i've seen so far is: Same mess, different wrapping (first person shooter )

I have by no means done extensive research on this, but according to this article the 360 has sold more, but the ps3 has sold more every year since they have both been released. The only reason it appears the Xbox has sold more is because of its early release. It doesn't look like its outselling it time and time again.

http://gamercheeese.com/2013/02/18/xbox-360-vs-ps3-the-console-wars-numbers-game/

Here is the article I was refering to.

This article is only referencing US sales. :P

I have by no means done extensive research on this, but according to this article the 360 has sold more, but the ps3 has sold more every year since they have both been released. The only reason it appears the Xbox has sold more is because of its early release. It doesn't look like its outselling it time and time again.

http://gamercheeese.com/2013/02/18/xbox-360-vs-ps3-the-console-wars-numbers-game/

Here is the article I was refering to.

This article is only referencing US sales. :P

Interesting point and something I hadn't really thought about...

they announced stuff like AC2 and Halo series yesterday

so games that most likely own but cant play due to no backwards compatability...

No, they announced games on demand free a couple a month for current gold subscribers leading up to the ONE release. The games wont work on ONE...

PS+ allows you to get a ton of free games on PSN and this is what they are trying to compete with...

I had an original X-Box and the 60 GB 360...Never had the dreaded RROD :wishluck: .

I have really enjoyed my X-Box but after reading all the mess that M$ is doing and things they are not doing...I think, unless something changes, I will definitely be jumping ship to the PS4. Seems like a good time to try a 'new' product.

The only thing that make me a bit leary is the PSN...Is it still free? How is the content? Any comments on the PSN would be welcome.

Guest Grails

We have the PS3 and 360 and both will eventually be traded towards the PS4. Halo was the only exclusive I cared about but I can live without it. The only way I would buy the new Xbox is if they got GTA 6 as an exclusive.