• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I'm on my phone; let's see if this works. If not I will repost later.

The greatest gaming reader letter ever published

(worship)lol

Nobody else loved this?

They were all too busy doing drugs and having sex with different women lol

I just got done playing Destiny for the day. It was/is a blast!

I messed around in the Crucible, but I need to get a better set of weapons.

If anyone wants to play and has an XBox one, my gamer tag is Sonicjuce and I'm up for some playing.

That was my problem during the beta needed better weapons and by the time I got them the beta ended lol

I just got done playing Destiny for the day. It was/is a blast!

I messed around in the Crucible, but I need to get a better set of weapons.

If anyone wants to play and has an XBox one, my gamer tag is Sonicjuce and I'm up for some playing.

That was my problem during the beta needed better weapons and by the time I got them the beta ended lol

That's because you aren't that great of a gamer...

:jokealert:... but not really... lol

Infamous Atari E.T. cartridges moving from landfill to eBay, museums

When a documentary film company unearthed tens of thousands of unsold copies of ET: The Extraterrestrial for the Atari 2600, it put one of gaming’s biggest myths to rest.

Now, though, there's the question of what to do with them. In a 7-0 vote this week, the city council of Alamogorado, New Mexico -- home to the famous dump that contained the games – has decided to auction some off and send the rest to museums.

All totaled, the dig for the buried title resulted in a whopping 792,000 games being discovered (including E.T and 58 other titles). The council has so far agreed what to do with 1,300 of them.

Eight hundred will be auctioned off on eBay in three different lots. That's meant to help the town get a better sense of the value of these pieces of gaming history. The rest will be packaged together and lent to museums. Inquiries have already come in from as far as Rome.

"Part of the problem is that the digging up of these games is a unique situation," said Joe Lewandowski, manager of the dig site. "No one has ever done anything like this before and no one will probably ever do anything like this again. ... We thought we were going to get 30,000 or 40,000 games, there's 792,000 down there, but we got 1,300, and one hundred of them went to the film company so that's increased their value."

Lewandowski says the city has already received a $500 offer for one copy of the landfill version of E.T. New Mexico's Museum of Space History will be handling the next steps: inventory, certification and re-sealing the games.

At the moment, a copy of E.T. sells for less than $10 on eBay, but that's one without historical significance. Got a guess as to how much people will pay for one that has been buried for years?