• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Guest Grails

There's a game running in another thread and the winner can choose a new PS4 or XBOX ONE. You don't need to pay to play or anything. Just show up.

Begins tonight.

Good luck gamers.

GRAILS GAME

Most people probably already knew this.

It's as we suspected: your 'Destiny' beta character is gone forever

By Dante D'Orazio on August 10, 2014

Most of you probably knew the truth deep down in your hearts, but now it's official. The 6.5 million characters made by over 4.6 million players during the Destiny beta last month are gone. Their digital existence has been purged from Bungie's servers, the studio confirmed this week. "When we reinvent the world where the guardians live, sometimes we have to leave them behind," explains Bungie. Hopefully you have a screenshot somewhere to remember your death-dealing guardian by.

Most of you probably knew the truth deep down in your hearts, but now it's official. The 6.5 million characters made by over 4.6 million players during the Destiny beta last month are gone. Their digital existence has been purged from Bungie's servers, the studio confirmed this week. "When we reinvent the world where the guardians live, sometimes we have to leave them behind," explains Bungie. Hopefully you have a screenshot somewhere to remember your death-dealing guardian by.

I was hoping we'd get to pick up where we left off, but this isn't surprising.

I'm almost counting down the days to the game now. The beta was A LOT of fun.

I was hoping we'd get to pick up where we left off, but this isn't surprising.

I'm almost counting down the days to the game now. The beta was A LOT of fun.

yeah i was not surprise at all but we are getting some nice gift when the game ships from bungie.

so i was looking at the digital version of Destiny which would be the best one to get? i would love to get the Ghost Edition but to bad no more per-orders for it.

I believe I got the middle version for the XBox One. It came with all the same game content as the next level up, I believe. I just didn't need whatever statue came with the highest level version.

so i was looking at the digital version of Destiny which would be the best one to get? i would love to get the Ghost Edition but to bad no more per-orders for it.

I believe I got the middle version for the XBox One. It came with all the same game content as the next level up, I believe. I just didn't need whatever statue came with the highest level version.

i'm going to get the game i'll check the gamestop i use to work at and see if they have any of the ghost edition that people didn't pick up.