• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I played eso up to about January. I picked up the FFX/X-2 HD remake. I haven't picked up my controller since mid January. Think I've hit the part of the curve where I just don't play for a year or two. Just hope alien isolation 2 doesn't come out in that time...

Anyone check out the Resident Evil 7 demo? Looks like a huge departure from any RE game that came before, more like Outlast/Silent Hills than the typical RE zombie shooter.

Sounds like an improvement. 5&6 were supposed to be pinnacles in the storyline and ended up flubbing it pretty freaking badly. If I want to play Call of Duty, I'll play Call of Duty

I haven't been paying much attention to new releases. but "Horizon Zero Dawn" looks pretty good, and I'm a sucker for open world environments.

Been playing Planetside 2 on the PS4. Fun game, but has a steep learning curve which can make a lot of people give up playing it.

Looking forward to "No Man's Sky" for ps4 which would of come out today, but got pushed back, and should be coming out next month, and the new Mount & Blades game "Banner Lord",which should be out in a few months also.

Here's a demo they did showing the new features. If you played the previous games you know the graphics have also been updated by a huge amount. Its usually only a PC game, but I've heard it might be coming to console.

We're finally getting some footage of skyrim special edition. I'm glad to hear depth-of-field can be turned off, but according to this video, it's not obtrusive, and only comes on when you focus on a (presumably) near-by object for several seconds.

The new atmopsheric effects seem kind-of hit or miss to me. The shot at 8:43~8:44 looks terrible to me, but 8:53 and especially 9:48 look really nice.

This should have been the original release.

That game was so freaking buggy, it was impossible to play at times, waiting for patches.

That being said, I did get a platinum trophy for this game....

This should have been the original release.

That game was so freaking buggy, it was impossible to play at times, waiting for patches.

That being said, I did get a platinum trophy for this game....

I never thought the bugs were game breaking. They were annoying at times, but the scope of the game was so incredible I didn't care.

Oh and I'm still going strong in Destiny. The new update has brought some friends back and we've been having a lot of fun.