• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Very cool Blowie. I've seen it before. It was an old 1977 home "Pong" system. It was manufactured by a company called E&P electronics in Hong Kong (though for sale in the US) and licensed by Magnavox. Basically Magnavox could not make Pong machines fast enough so they had deals with companies to manufacture them for them under there own brand. Basically all 4 "games" were pong lol. Launch price was $15 in 1977 (about $59 in "today" money).

2ronss9.jpg

PlayStation 4 is ruling Europe with a market share between 70% and 90%

PlayStation 4 is dominating the console war in Europe.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe president Jim Ryan says that the PlayStation 4 has market leadership in “every country in Europe.” Ryan told VG24/7 that the console’s market share is no less than 70 percent in any European country, and it’s “frequently greater than 90 percent” in parts of the continent.

It’s a clear indication that Sony — with over 22.3 million PS4 sales worldwide — has won the battle for European gamers this console generation, barring a major turnaround in fortunes for Microsoft’s Xbox One. With console gaming worth $55 billion worldwide and Europe representing a significant part of that market, it’s a big early victory in the global console war.

Microsoft is traditionally safer on home soil — its Xbox 360 console outsold PlayStation 3 in North America last console generation but came second in Japan and Continental Europe — but PlayStation 4 is also outperforming Xbox One in the United States. The margin of difference is likely smaller, though, and Xbox One recently outsold PlayStation 4 in the U.S. this April, according to figures from research firm NPD. That trend reverted to type in May, however.

Industry analyst Strategy Analytics predicts that PlayStation 4 will go on to replicate the success of the PlayStation 2 — the best-selling games console of all time with over 155 million lifetime sales. It predicts that PlayStation 4 will sell 80 million units by 2019, compared to 57 million Xbox One sales.

It'll be interesting to see if Sony decide to compete with Microsoft with regards to backwards compatibility.

It'll be interesting to see if Sony decide to compete with Microsoft with regards to backwards compatibility.
Sony for it most likely a big problem to get backwards compatibility to the ps4 using ps now service/ game to do it. i would rather have them give us the PSN game first over their Dics games. their so much more PS1 games they still need to put up and the same can be said about PS2 games.

My daughter and I have been playing The Pokemon Trading Card Game Online the last couple of days. I used to buy her Pokemon cards at the store all the time. One year for Christmas I also purchased an auction with a ton of cards. Since my daughter recently broke her arm, we decided to play a bunch of games. I suggested pulling out the hundreds of Pokemon cards and we could learn to play the actual game. It turned out we didn't have enough energy cards but we had all these redemption cards for the online game. I guess the cards I'd been buying were really straight Pokemon with no trainers or energies.

We've been having fun. I won 5 lb of energy card lot online too. That way we can actually play the card game in a couple of days.

Heck of a way to spend a summer break...

Edited by Official Chris S.

I've been playing Bloodborne :grin:
And? And? AND?!? :ohnoez:

lol

I like it a lot.

It's still hard as hell,but it's fun :)

I had to fight all the bosses by myself because I can't get anyone to help me :ohnoez:

I rank this entry 2nd to Dark Souls.

lol

I like it a lot.

I had to fight all the bosses by myself because I can't get anyone to help me :ohnoez:

then i guess i need to start playing

lol

I like it a lot.

hm better than Demon's eh?

lol

I like it a lot.

Yeah,it is better than Demon's Souls.

lol

I like it a lot.

Yeah,it is better than Demon's Souls.
I may need to finally buy it then :grin:

This is exactly why these worthless skin sacks continue to do this kind of stuff.

f53wcn.jpg

Lizard Squad member convicted for Christmas attacks on PSN, Xbox Live

A Finnish teenager who claimed responsibility for the cyberattack that brought down Xbox Live and PlayStation Network last year has been convicted of more than 50,000 instances of cybercrime.

His punishment, according to Finnish media, is a two-year suspended prison sentence and a requirement to speak out against cybercrime.

Published reports said Julius Kivimaki, 17, known as "zeekill" online, was part of the Lizard Squad group whose denial-of-service attack over the Christmas holiday culminated a monthlong war with another hacker group. Lizard Squad members justified the attacks saying "chaos is entertainment," in a short email to Polygon at the time.

Both United Kingdom and Finnish authorities made arrests soon after the attacks, which were substantial enough that PlayStation Network later offered subscription extensions, purchase discounts and other premiums to compensate members for the lost time.

At the time of the January arrests, reports suggested Kivimaki faced four months to four years in prison.

The Daily Dot spoke to a victim of Kivimaki's online harrassment, who said he was "absolutely disgusted by the ruling." The victim, an American, said Kivimaki called in false threats that sent American law enforcement to his home, and demanded the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation step in.

Here's an interview with the useless skidmark shortly after the attacks.