• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

:(

Just looked can rent Mirrors Edge for 1.99 but its hardly free. Looks like there are a couple catches, its for rental, you can demo it for free outside rental, and you can have it for free if you are a EA user. But I think the EA thing is not much different from the Play-station Plus thing, which is why SONY hated the idea.

Ignore that dipstick. I just got Mirrors Edge for free...no problem.

:(
Just looked can rent Mirrors Edge for 1.99 but its hardly free. Looks like there are a couple catches, its for rental, you can demo it for free outside rental, and you can have it for free if you are a EA user. But I think the EA thing is not much different from the Play-station Plus thing, which is why SONY hated the idea.

Ignore that dipstick. I just got Mirrors Edge for free...no problem.

(thumbs u

Trying to get the better half off the TV right now lol

Get a free game on every modern PlayStation console this weekend

Starting today, Saturday, December 6th at 3 p.m. Eastern / 12 p.m. Pacific, you can download for free on the PSN Store:

* Need for Speed: Most Wanted (for PlayStation Vita)

* Mirror's Edge (for PlayStation 3)

* Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (for PS4)

Not much time left.

The free game offer expires tonight at 12 a.m. Pacific / 3 a.m. Eastern.

Starting today, Saturday, December 6th at 3 p.m. Eastern / 12 p.m. Pacific, you can download for free on the PSN Store:

Not much time left.

I can't play Plants vs Zombies without signing up for playstation plus. Which sucks

Plants VS Zombies looks like online only. It's like a goofy cartoon version of Modern Warfare. It's not bad but I wouldn't pay for it. I have three or four free games now and none are winning me over, but it's better than not having any free games. I'm just surprised at how bad that DC fighter game is.

I am really excited about Until Dawn for the PS 4. I don't know why, but it kind of reminds me a little bit like the old FMV game Night Trap mixed with Silent Hill wile being trapped in a Saw movie. I know the gameplay may be lacking, but I cannot wait to play it. That is saying something as I am more of a collector than a player because I have been totally disappointed with both the PS 3 and the Xbox 360. Luckily the Wii U and the PS 4 rekindled my love for the industry.

Disappointed with the PS3? Really? Are you insane?

I can play 95% of the playstation catalogue dating back to when the first PS came out, download games straight to HDD, take my old save memory cards and save them on the HDD. Upgrade the HDD(have a 750GB in there now) chat with friends, watch Netflix, stream video....

Yeah, this blows my mind. But then again, what do I know about console gaming? All I had growing up was Atari and Odyssey. I didnt get an actual Nintendo till sometime in the early 90's when SNES was out and N64 was in. I had a Genesis with three games. Everything was bought second hand, even my first PS. With my own money working nights at KFC 4 times a week.

What disappointed you about it? The game catalogue? That's not Sony's fault (Even if they are money grubbing bastards, but hey, I bought a PS4 anyway)

Not much time left.

I can't play Plants vs Zombies without signing up for playstation plus. Which sucks

Strange.

How about Mirror's Edge for the PS3?

I "purchased" it for free from the PlayStation Store and it's showing in my download queue...but I haven't attempted to download it yet.

Disappointed with the PS3 (and Xbox 360)? Really? What disappointed you about it?

I'm curious as well. Not saying people can't be disappointed in them...would just be interesting to know what some people didn't like about them.

Anybody recommend a game that would appeal to yours truly (for the PS3)?

What I have enjoyed in the past:

Assassins Creed series

Uncharted series

The Last of Us

(you can see the pattern there in the type of game I enjoy)

Can't do FPS as they make me nauseous

Not really into fighting games (Street Fighter type stuff)

Done with sports games (I honestly might hold the world's record for most games played of the EA sports NHL series. I sometimes wonder if I've played 10k games of hockey dating back to 91.) :facepalm:

I like Arkham Asylum but was bored with Origins. Wouldn't mind a decent superhero/Batman game if a good one is out there.

Currently I have ZERO games for my PS3. I got bored with GTA5 and finished Last of Us so I sold everything I had. Currently the only use for our PS3, other than dust collection, is so my kids can play Disney Infinity. It's a great console imo so I should probably have a game for it.....and the wife insists on getting me something for xmas so I have to tell her something lol

Suggestions?

Assassins Creed series

Uncharted series

The Last of Us

Some you might want to check out if you haven't already played them:

Red Dead Redemption

God of War Saga Collection

BioShock series

Dead Space series

Infamous series

Tomb Raider series

I forgot about the last Tomb Raider game, doh! which was the closest in the series to Uncharted in terms of gameplay. I also enjoyed the HD remaster of the first 3 Crystal Dynamics games as well - Legend, Anniversary and Underworld.

Assassins Creed series

Uncharted series

The Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption

BioShock series

Dead Space series

Infamous series

Tomb Raider series

:censored:

Red Dead Redemption has been on my list for years. Forgot all about doh! I think that's the winner.

I did play thru the first Infamous. It was enjoyable. I to remember getting teed off at some really difficult parts though.

Assassins Creed series

Uncharted series

The Last of Us

Red Dead Redemption

BioShock series

Dead Space series

Infamous series

Tomb Raider series

:censored:

Red Dead Redemption has been on my list for years. Forgot all about doh! I think that's the winner.

I did play thru the first Infamous. It was enjoyable. I to remember getting teed off at some really difficult parts though.

Have you played Grand Theft Auto? Red Dead reminded me a lot of Grand Theft Auto only set in the old wild west. It was sort of neat, but it didn't pull me in for some reason…

I'd suggest the Shadow of Mordor game. It plays a lot like Assassins Creed but with a combat system like the Arkham games. It was fun and I should probably revisit it as I didn't get super far. It is neat because the game is structured where you beat bosses. However, if you lose and get killed, the boss gets stronger. If you also get killed by someone, they then get promoted and more powerful. It is sort of a neat and different concept.

I'd also really recommend the Tomb Raider game. It was a blast from start to finish. I also instantly started it over again as it was so much fun. The combat system was compelling and it had a nice feel. It plays a lot like Unchartered and I bet you'd like it. It has a pretty solid story too.

Edited by Chris S.

In other news, I've been playing Destiny in preparation for the new DLC that comes out tomorrow. I created a Hunter and have found the game a lot more compelling. I was a Warlock the first time and I didn't love it. I've tried to switch up my weapon type too, but have found in The Crucible I'm much more effective with the Pulse Rifle. I've been using a Fusion Rifle though and have enjoyed the change.

I'm curious to see what they add to the game. It plays well and I like how varied the game types can be. I just don't like the grinding element.