• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

January 2013 ComicLink Auction

221 posts in this topic

My New Years resolution is not to go as wild on comics as I did last year. However, if these prices do not go up, I will find it hard not to justify a purchase here and there for well under what I might see some of these books get in June-August,

The CL site definitely could do with a makeover. The CL 'search' function is very poor when going through their auctions, and you should also be able to create 'watch lists' for books that interest you. It's a real pain having to go through every single page of their auctions to find specific books.

My New Years resolution is not to go as wild on comics as I did last year. However, if these prices do not go up, I will find it hard not to justify a purchase here and there for well under what I might see some of these books get in June-August,

usually Jan prices arent usually too bad, so if they dont go up it would be strange... still time left

There are only a couple of books that are on my radar for 2013. They are not featured in this months listing...

However... something DID catch my eye but in a grade lower than I envisioned myself picking up.

I will see.

Does anyone else get frustrated with hoe late some of these auctions close? I was thinking of bidding on a few X-Men, but they don't end until around midnight. Gotta work early the next day and that is pretty late.

Small complaint, but I find it frustrating. I don't like just throwing in a bid a hoping for the best because if I win something, I may buy more because shipping to Canada is a lot and I would rather buy in bulk.

Might as well just bid your max and hope for the best. That's what I did last time when I couldn't wait for the end and I won it at GPA more or less.

My worst book I'm selling as far as gpa comparison goes is my Justice League 41 9.4 white, bid is $35 with 2 days left, gpa is $175... The rest of my sale books are doing better, but this Justice League I think is going to be superlow and is not looking good. This will teach me to try to sell DC's in an auction! I think there are too many of them on census, but the book is really close to 9.6, it got a very hard grade. Bummed out...

Justice League 41 9.4 white

Well, the two books I'm seriously interested in are moving closer and closer to my limit. Don't think I'm going to enjoy the great prices I got in November.

There's a couple of books I was watching out of curiosity, wasn't planning on bidding on them but now I'm torn. If they stay this low, it's going to be hard not to. Yet I want to stay focused. :frustrated:

I have a question about Comiclink. Not sure if this is the right venue to ask it but here goes:

I'm looking at a book where the label is crooked in the holder, makes me suspicious that there may have been label tampering. If I buy this book, my understanding is that at some point it passes through Comiclink's hands. Would they check a book like this or are they going to just send it on to me and then say 'so sorry, no returns'?

I mean, the logical answer would be to ask them first, but if they don't have the books in hand, if it's still with the cosigner, then what?

I'm looking at that AF15 6.0 and the wife is telling me "NO". Any guesses on it? I'm trying to compromise with a few others here and there. She's not going for it.

Over GPA? There are only a few books I would be dragged into being the new all time "high bidder" on. If I can get a book at 90% GPA I am happy. This way if something happens, I am not taking a beating if I have to resell it.

This Droid is not cooperating with typing...

Well, the two books I'm seriously interested in are moving closer and closer to my limit. Don't think I'm going to enjoy the great prices I got in November.

There's a couple of books I was watching out of curiosity, wasn't planning on bidding on them but now I'm torn. If they stay this low, it's going to be hard not to. Yet I want to stay focused. :frustrated:

I have a question about Comiclink. Not sure if this is the right venue to ask it but here goes:

I'm looking at a book where the label is crooked in the holder, makes me suspicious that there may have been label tampering. If I buy this book, my understanding is that at some point it passes through Comiclink's hands. Would they check a book like this or are they going to just send it on to me and then say 'so sorry, no returns'?

I mean, the logical answer would be to ask them first, but if they don't have the books in hand, if it's still with the cosigner, then what?

For their auctions, CL has all books in hand. Only on the Exchange does the seller ship the book after it's sold.

Cracked /broken posts would be a better indicator of tampering and CL is usually all over that. I've seen a few CGC labels over the years that were a bit crooked or wavy

Comiclink should just start hosting quality scans like heritage does then this "service" wouldn't be necessary at all. As it is its a nice idea if it was done in house for free but the fees i seen listed are a joke. A bad idea that will hopefully be gone once the free period is over and no one os sending in books for this.

Back cover scans would be a big step in the right direction. I can see not wanting to do them on $20 books, but for anything that could be realistically expected to approach say $250 or higher back cover scans should be mandatory. I would bet that they would even help Clink realize higher prices. It was one thing to not do them when grader notes were free, but now that there is a charge it isn't like we want to track down notes for 20 books we might be interested in, and a back cover scan will remove a lot of the mystery on books.

Unfortunately Comiclink has shown a willful disregard for its customer's wishes to make ANY changes to its archaic site. Whether it be higher quality scans, back cover scans, a feature to watch lots without tracking bids or reporting their complete auctions to GP Analysis, they have arrogantly not budged. Makes it easier and easier NOT to do business with them. :mad:

Agree on the back cover scans. Comicconnect is another site that doesn't put back cover scans when they should and I agree not on every book but a threshold of around $250.00 or more sounds good.

The reporting to GPA I can understand. Unless you were able to somehow have your system automatically report the CGC sales to the GPA site you would have to hire someone full time for data entry. Time is money after all.

CL could do it without any extra cost. Unless their sales are kept track of by an old monk with a quill pen, they are already batching their sales onto a spreadsheet or database for their own tracking & tax purposes purposes (receipt, listing, sales, shipping) But it goes beyond that. They specifically have asked GPA not to report their sales. GPA is a boardie - I asked.

The GPA thing is a minor annoyance. The scan quality and the lack of back cover scans is poor business. I buy and sell a decent number of books on CL. It's something I put up with but don't like. And have told any number of employees there my feelings.

Comiclink should just start hosting quality scans like heritage does then this "service" wouldn't be necessary at all. As it is its a nice idea if it was done in house for free but the fees i seen listed are a joke. A bad idea that will hopefully be gone once the free period is over and no one os sending in books for this.

Back cover scans would be a big step in the right direction. I can see not wanting to do them on $20 books, but for anything that could be realistically expected to approach say $250 or higher back cover scans should be mandatory. I would bet that they would even help Clink realize higher prices. It was one thing to not do them when grader notes were free, but now that there is a charge it isn't like we want to track down notes for 20 books we might be interested in, and a back cover scan will remove a lot of the mystery on books.

Unfortunately Comiclink has shown a willful disregard for its customer's wishes to make ANY changes to its archaic site. Whether it be higher quality scans, back cover scans, a feature to watch lots without tracking bids or reporting their complete auctions to GP Analysis, they have arrogantly not budged. Makes it easier and easier NOT to do business with them. :mad:

Agree on the back cover scans. Comicconnect is another site that doesn't put back cover scans when they should and I agree not on every book but a threshold of around $250.00 or more sounds good.

The reporting to GPA I can understand. Unless you were able to somehow have your system automatically report the CGC sales to the GPA site you would have to hire someone full time for data entry. Time is money after all.

CL could do it without any extra cost. Unless their sales are kept track of by an old monk with a quill pen, they are already batching their sales onto a spreadsheet or database for their own tracking & tax purposes purposes (receipt, listing, sales, shipping) But it goes beyond that. They specifically have asked GPA not to report their sales. GPA is a boardie - I asked.

The GPA thing is a minor annoyance. The scan quality and the lack of back cover scans is poor business. I buy and sell a decent number of books on CL. It's something I put up with but don't like. And have told any number of employees there my feelings.

This.

well it looks like CVA might actually be negative for prices realized haha!

Currently bid is $110 with 3 hours to go and gpa is $205, so if that holds, thats a major blow to CVA (or maybe it was the crooked CVA sticker!)

Detective 363 9.0 white CVA Exceptional

wouldn't it make more sense to wait 3 hours and then make this post (or not)? coupled with the fact that the $205 looks like someone overpaid heftily. the savannah 9.0 went for $115, the previous 9.0 non-ped went for almost the same amount.

Currently bid is $110 with 3 hours to go and gpa is $205, so if that holds, thats a major blow to CVA (or maybe it was the crooked CVA sticker!)

Is it just me - or does this 9.0 not really look all that exceptional? I blew the image up 200%. A few spine ticks, looks like a small corner crease bottom right a bit of a rub along the bottom. I've seen a lot of 9.0's where you scratch your head and wonder what it is that kept it from 9.4. This isn't one of those.

Is it just me - or does this 9.0 not really look all that exceptional? I blew the image up 200%. A few spine ticks, looks like a small corner crease bottom right a bit of a rub along the bottom. I've seen a lot of 9.0's where you scratch your head and wonder what it is that kept it from 9.4. This isn't one of those.

Yeah, this renders the sticker useless, IMHO.