• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helheim

1,817 posts in this topic

A friend within the boards pm'd me this, figured I'd share and hope he doesn't mind this!

" I would also like to let you know that for the Helheim Seattle variants that they all had a crease on the front cover that would force all books to be at BEST a 9.6 and a CGC employ has confirmed this with another fellow boardie. A press might help but please be careful when buying 9.8 candidates as they may not exist for this particular book."

I did not have that experience. I picked up maybe a dozen copies, all of which should be easy 9.8s. Guess we'll see when they come back. IMO, with such a crazy-low print run, and a cool variant wrap cover, this will be the one to own if the book blows up.

On another note...I stumbled across the cover artist while walking the aisles, and picked this up as well:

Helheim_ECCC_zpsb9bd516e.jpg

Joelle Jones isn't selling any of her covers (at least not yet), so couldn't pass it up.

I did not have that experience. I picked up maybe a dozen copies, all of which should be easy 9.8s. Guess we'll see when they come back. IMO, with such a crazy-low print run, and a cool variant wrap cover, this will be the one to own if the book blows up.

On another note...I stumbled across the cover artist while walking the aisles, and picked this up as well:

Helheim_ECCC_zpsb9bd516e.jpg

Joelle Jones isn't selling any of her covers (at least not yet), so couldn't pass it up.

:ohnoez:

i'm really missing out by not being able to go to 'good' cons.

I know how you feel. I can only make it to CalgaryExpo which is pretty good and now EdmontonExpo. I'm lucky I have those which are close but I'm thinking I may have to skip CalgaryExpo next year and just drive down for ECCC. It would be 12-14hr drive.

Nice OA.

Can't wait to get mine. Locked down the final page of issue 1!

Arrgghhh you were the one who got the last page! Man...you beat me by 5 minutes...best page to get IMHO! Congrats!

I knew I should have shown up earlier at her table...was too busy getting the exclusives! Oh well...if you ever want to sell it look me up!

what was she charging for the pages?

When I had asked, pre-con, the best pages were $150.

Pre-Con Joelle told me she wasn't going to sell anything until after her shows...but I think the hype of a lot of people asking made her raise the prices! She told me she's gotten a lot of requests for the OA, still won't sell the cover. I offered her a good some for #1 cover...she wouldn't budge!