• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Helheim

1,817 posts in this topic

For the black and white preview, they didn't even sell out at NYCC. They had the left overs at ECCC.

It also doesn't help that they brought out the NYCC variant w/out any mention of NYCC on the cover. It just says ' Convention Exclusive Black and White Preview' < I could be wrong on the exact wording but it is close.

And some of these made it out to LCS's. I picked up two for cover a couple weeks ago.

Helheim is riding Sixth Gun's wave, and I think it will ultimately do a lot better than SEX, which I've heard some poor reviews concerning the content.

SEX is more of a flavor of the week type of comic, people are betting the title alone will drive sales, maybe for awhile but unless it really shines content wise it will eventually go the way of Hell Yeah and Epic Kill.

Helheim is riding Sixth Gun's wave, and I think it will ultimately do a lot better than SEX, which I've heard some poor reviews concerning the content.

SEX is more of a flavor of the week type of comic, people are betting the title alone will drive sales, maybe for awhile but unless it really shines content wise it will eventually go the way of Hell Yeah and Epic Kill.

Sex # 1 sells for 10-17 dollars each on ebay and isnt even out yet.

Oni rep told me the NYCC Sketch cover was not sold at NYCC but handed out to retailers/exhibitors...ECCC was the 1st convention the sketch cover was sold at to the "public" and the print run was 1500.

ECCC exclusive was 300 and it could be triple signed at ECCC (Bunn, Jones, and Chuck BB {cover artist})

They limited it to 2 copies for the entire convention and marked your badge when you bought those copies...of course there are ways around that!

I dunno, if the story is good Sex will do fine i'm sure, I think it's just the SHOCK factor of the title that's driving a lot of it. Some LCS i'm sure won't carry it just because it's a bit too risque'.

did you pick up any helheim's for yourself Jeff? i know you had at least one request from a boardie to get one. Curious for your take on it.

When I go to a Con I focus on one book. I decided on Sex. I picked up several copies of Helheim and gave them all to the 2 boarders that asked me to pick one up. I have no opinion on how well the book will do. I hope it does very well for them.