• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Car Accident

63 posts in this topic

update......

OOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

This hurts.

First round of pain meds wore off......sore is only putting it mildly, but at least i am thinking clearly.

I am trying to stay off of the meds, but not sure if i will or not....will defeinitely be using them to sleep though.

They just want me to stay overnight for observation and i get to head home tomorrow.

Final stitch count was 42.....how awesome is that?

Take meds for 3-4 days until the healing reaches a point were you can get by with Tylenol.

Don't get hooked.

And get well soon.

:sumo:

HRod, I hope you're doing well. I've seen a couple of these sort of wrecks in the last two weeks and everyone has (thankfully) walked away. It's pretty amazing to see that much damage to a vehicle and relatively minor to no injuries occurring.

Glad to see you weren't severely injured! I mentioned your injuries to my wife - she's a nurse - and the first thing she asked was "what kind of car does he drive?" I think she might want to go shopping

Glad to see you weren't severely injured! I mentioned your injuries to my wife - she's a nurse - and the first thing she asked was "what kind of car does he drive?" I think she might want to go shopping

Tell her i was in a 2008 Toyota Tundra 4dr truck. Built like a tank and probably what kept me from being hurt so bad

Truth be told my injuries stemmed from two things:

1. I got hit on the passenger side rear tire which spun my truck sideways and caused it to roll. I instinctively put my arms up, bracing myself against the roof when it flipped over, which is what broke and dislocated my fingers.

2. The broken sacrum and tooth were from when the truck flipped and righted itself, I came down hard in my seat and broke my back and my teeth smashed together breaking my tooth.

Ill definitely be buying another Tundra!

Tell her i was in a 2008 Toyota Tundra 4dr truck. Built like a tank and probably what kept me from being hurt so bad

1. I got hit on the passenger side rear tire which spun my truck sideways and caused it to roll. I instinctively put my arms up, bracing myself against the roof when it flipped over, which is what broke and dislocated my fingers.

2. The broken sacrum and tooth were from when the truck flipped and righted itself, I came down hard in my seat and broke my back and my teeth smashed together breaking my tooth.

Wow! Just glad you're ok, all things considered. Take advantage of the pain meds.

Like you said, you might be running short on the luck. So, hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Or you might just be a total badarse. :headbang:

Seat belt?

All I complain about all the things they add to cars that make them so much heavier, they are a great deal safer.

Glad you came out without major injuries. I have a friend who swerved to miss an accident got his Wrangler up on two wheels, it didn't roll, but when he came down hard somehow his tongue was sticking out. His teeth didn't get messed up, but his tongue is smaller now.