• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Large Batman Art Collection for sale

22 posts in this topic

Hey Gang,

We're selling a large lot of 147 pieces of art by dozens of artists.

These belong to a good friend of ours, and he'd like to sell 'em altogether.

If you'd like to take a look at pics of each of the pieces, there's a link on our facebook page facebook batman collection

Our boy is a Batman obsessive, and has a terrific eye for nice looking images.

Hey Ted,

There are some prints in there along with the originals, and some are mis-attributed.

The piece labeled "Spencer Beck" is actually "Joe Rubinstein".

There are a couple of originals in there that I'd gladly bid on, but not the whole lot. Have you thought of breaking it up? You've got some real winners in there...and alot of filler. My advice to you would be to take the best 30 and sell them by themselves...

What's the reason they are being sold together? If the desire is for the collection to be kept whole, the chances of a buyer doing that is slim to none.

As others have stated, the sale price will be higher if it is split up.

Malvin

I know what you mean about your questions regarding these being sold as a lot.

BTW, Really appreciate the help in id'ing some of the pieces. It's been quite a job!

There are indeed a few prints in there, and we'll make sure they're attributed properly.

My buddy(the owner) asked us to try to sell 'em as a lot first, so we don't have control over that.

However, if'n the lot doesn't get picked up, we'll be glad to give you a shot at individual pieces.

Will keep you posted!

Really nice collection of assorted Batman pieces.

I really hate when pieces go unidentified, so here's a couple more.

art number:

#13 David Michael Beck

#32 Dave Ross

#84 Ray Kryssing

#93 Mark Bagley

#95 Ray Kryssing

#97 David Michael Beck

#111 Dale Eaglesham

#135 Neil Vokes

I wonder if the sell would realize better prices by going with individual sales? Some might not sell, but others would sell for FAR more than the avg price you mentioned. I'm guessing it must be out of interest in expediency.

If someone didn't have to pay interest on the money to acquire these, had the time to sell them individually AND be patient as to not flood the market with them at once, you could easily double your money on these I think (that is if you could part with them as there are a lot of real beauties in there). I've got my eye on a couple if the collection gets broken up... though getting the whole lot is also very tempting.