• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJANGO Figures Dropping, Why....?

108 posts in this topic

Finally a serious answer. I like this site a lot, but to get a serious answer, you have to wait for like 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person , joking responses. Jesus...

Thank seanfingh

yea, this part of the boards is like that.

the old folks here like to around, unless you on their old funny books, then they get mad

And the noobs have butthurt. Always.

Finally a serious answer. I like this site a lot, but to get a serious answer, you have to wait for like 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person , joking responses. Jesus...

Thank seanfingh

You are welcome. I rule. Noobs that stick with my advice have a 94% chance of not jumping off a bridge due to paying $2000 for $75 worth of toys. You can subscribe to my newsletter for $325 a month.

Thank seanfingh

I'm still in shock that Fingh was the one to give a noob an answer that satisfied him. :facepalm:

Thank seanfingh

Why would you spend two grand on Django toys? Why would you think fingh is your barometer for logic? lol

Sorry about that fingh I just had to. :jokealert:

seriously, what is special about these figures? The way I see it going down, you buy them for a ridiculous price. You post it on the message boards. A bunch of people post the typical "way cool", "you da man", "I got to get me a set". You put them in a box, shortly after prices crater and you have people posting "people that bought those for crazy prices were insufficiently_thoughtful_persons". You feel embarrassed to own them and never mention it again. Now I can say this because I got caught up in the toy craze back in the 90s (still have boxes of the crud in my basement). Anyone remember the duke figure (1st 12inch GIJoe made and exclusive to Target). How about all the Spawn stuff? How about Starting Line Up? So much of what was once expensive can now be bought at less than retail!

Thank seanfingh

Why would you spend two grand on Django toys? Why would you think fingh is your barometer for logic? lol

Logic and I are old friends. Also, I am a N00bWhisperer.

Thank seanfingh

Logic and I are old friends. Also, I am a N00bWhisperer.

(worship)

Sorry, Dice X's first answer was accurate as well.

Even the smart@ss answers had pretty much the same wisdom, just cloaked in smart@ssery. But the wisdom is there if you look. This is a microcosm of how the boards work. You too will do this someday.

seriously, what is special about these figures? The way I see it going down, you buy them for a ridiculous price. You post it on the message boards. A bunch of people post the typical "way cool", "you da man", "I got to get me a set". You put them in a box, shortly after prices crater and you have people posting "people that bought those for crazy prices were insufficiently_thoughtful_persons". You feel embarrassed to own them and never mention it again. Now I can say this because I got caught up in the toy craze back in the 90s (still have boxes of the crud in my basement). Anyone remember the duke figure (1st 12inch GIJoe made and exclusive to Target). How about all the Spawn stuff? How about Starting Line Up? So much of what was once expensive can now be bought at less than retail!

I kind of understood Starting Lineups because those were traded like baseball cards. To me, that made sense as it was part of the market at the time. The problem with SLUs was that they were basically statues with no play value other than having a 3D representation of your favorite player on your desk.

Thank seanfingh

This should have its own thread...

Thank seanfingh

This should have its own thread...

:signfunny:

Even the smart@ss answers had pretty much the same wisdom, just cloaked in smart@ssery. But the wisdom is there if you look. This is a microcosm of how the boards work. You too will do this someday.

+1

Almost all the answers were appropriate. People should be able to read between the lines. Why be boring with an economics lesson? Insightful, thought provoking responses laced with sarcasm are infinitely better.

+1

Almost all the answers were appropriate. People should be able to read between the lines. Why be boring with an economics lesson? Insightful, thought provoking responses laced with sarcasm are infinitely better.

Voo-dooooooo Economics.... ben-stein.jpg