• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DJANGO Figures Dropping, Why....?

108 posts in this topic

Since Ebay's ban on them people are either having listings taken down immediately or they are taking a quick BIN or offer before the hammer falls.

Now that's just ridiculous. I was looking through a guys inventory and I saw Traci Lords movie posters. Not that the posters are illegal, but neither are Django toys. Doesn't make sense.

Finally a serious answer. I like this site a lot, but to get a serious answer, you have to wait for like 10 insufficiently_thoughtful_person , joking responses. Jesus...

Thank seanfingh

Quoted for irony.

Seanfingh, the bane of all noobs.

Spawn, and Starting Lineup, and various other toy lines were mass produced and their prices were entirely dependent on mass appeal and demand.

If I recall correctly, there are a few of the 1988 NBA Starting Lineup figures that still fetch a pretty penny (the 4 Utah Jazz players), even loose. I remember reading years ago that Kenner didn't distribute them evenly throughout the country, and that the Utah players had lower run numbers.

Again, though, there is a reason for this particular group's higher price tag.

Being as they are characters in a Rated R movie and clearly tied to said movie and closely resemble the actors in the movie and since the actors portray strong roles and they clearly aren't for children and half of them are non slave characters and one of them is a freed slave and the freed slave is the hero of the movie and its movie memorabilia and its related to a quentin tarantino movie and it's the year 2013, i just don't get why they were recalled. Anyone?

Now i'll never be able to act out the battle between "The Bride" and "Broomhilda" in my bathtub.

Being as they are characters in a Rated R movie and clearly tied to said movie and closely resemble the actors in the movie and since the actors portray strong roles and they clearly aren't for children and half of them are non slave characters and one of them is a freed slave and the freed slave is the hero of the movie and its movie memorabilia and its related to a quentin tarantino movie and it's the year 2013, i just don't get why they were recalled. Anyone?

Now i'll never be able to act out the battle between "The Bride" and "Broomhilda" in my bathtub.

Welcome to the united states of the offended.

Welcome to the united states of the offended.

Weren't they recalled because people were offended that some of the figures were depicted as slaves?

I was super lucky and sold the first set that was on ebay for over $5k ;)

I had over 500 watchers and about 8,000 views to the auction - One of my all time best sellers.

Glad I got rid of them when I did, I still have an extra Django if anyone is interested.

Was wondering if there is an update to the Django Figures prices.
Recent sales ranging from $200 for one figure to $5,000 for one figure (Broomhilda), most in the $300 range though.

I knew they would fall i just didn't think it would be that quick :o

Was wondering if there is an update to the Django Figures prices.
Recent sales ranging from $200 for one figure to $5,000 for one figure (Broomhilda), most in the $300 range though.

I knew they would fall i just didn't think it would be that quick :o

The individual ones beside Django and Broomhilda weren't going for much more than $300.

At the peak of the madness I was getting $300 for the supporting characters. I'm amazed that it's not lower than $200 given that they can't really be sold on Ebay. It limits everything it seems.

wow, I went to check the prices of these and an ad for Orchid Seed figures

came up and about melted my computer...

(if you search for these they are NSFW)

:insane:

You're so repressed. :eyeroll: