• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most often color touched issue?

40 posts in this topic

Silver Surfer #1...192 restored out of 1509 = 12.7%

This one may get my vote. The AF 15, JIM 83 & Avengers 1 may have a higher restoration percent but the prices of these books make it a good canadit for major restoration. I would think SS 1 & 4 would only qualify for some color touch in terms of restoration.

I still think it is ASM 28. the numbers may not be reflected in the census because so many of them are terrible amateur jobs and people aren't going to waste their money sending them to cgc. so many were ruined that the professional CT people never got a chance on them.

I'm curious about the statistics offered in this thread - x% of y books submitted are restored.

Are the restored books listed in those stats only copies that have color-touch restoration? Or are they just restored books and we're assuming that all of them include color-touch? Is it possible that a good number of those restored books don't include color-touch?

I'm only asking because the OP's question was 'which books most frequently have color-touch', not 'which books are restored the most'. Not trying to be a troll, just asking for clarity.

Back in 2000, one of the first books I bought off Ebay was a Batman #251. When I sent it to CGC a year later it came back PLOD minor color-touch. :cry: Welcome to Ebay.....

I still think it is ASM 28. the numbers may not be reflected in the census because so many of them are terrible amateur jobs and people aren't going to waste their money sending them to cgc. so many were ruined that the professional CT people never got a chance on them.

I tend to agree. That is the first book that came to my mind.

I think so too. You ALWAYS, ALWAYS have to look on the inside cover of a raw ASM 28

I always thought it was AF #15.

Just checked.

1800+ AF #15's graded and 560 of them are restored. That's nearly a third of them.

780 ASM #28's graded and 109 of them restored. that's about 1/7th.

Those numbers don't tell the whole story but they do tell a lot.

Same here when I read the thread title.