• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber No-Shows: Post yours here!

192 posts in this topic

You beat me to this link. There are few errors on Matt's site including the Jeanie scan and he also has the Funnies #22 as not existing but I think it was published and I have seen it on some dealer lists in the past.

BTW, there are a ton of errors in the Photo-Jounral including the following:

The All-Top #6 pictured is a reprint.

Men in Action #1 by Ajax is the cover to MIA #1 by Atlas.

Contact comics #8 is the wrong cover.(submitted by Rip)

The second series Chamber of Chills #24 is wrong.(Submitted by Shiverbones)

Jumbo #150 has the cover to #130.

The Jane Arden #2 cover is actually Pageant of Comics#2.

Young Allies #14 and #15 are transposed. (submitted by Timely)

I have all of these cover scans saved on my hard drive and can post them if requested.

There are probably more errors and I am beginning to think that Giant Comics Edition 1-3 from St. Johns don't exist.

Hey Metarog,

I just re-read your post. If you got them on your hard drive, by all means, post away! 893applaud-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

JB,

When you finish typing your post, scroll down to the Instant UBB Code (to the right of the Instant Graemlins). Click "Image" and enter the web address where the scan is hosted. thumbsup2.gif

Nice Champs, by the way!

I shamelessly use every excuse to post this book. Have owned it for more than a year but still get blown away when I look at it. This is arguably _the_ classic Mickey cover of all time and incredibly tough to find in any condition. Getting it in this shape is just outrageous - still can't believe my luck.

As always, if anyone sees high grade (VF+ up) Mickey Mouse Magazines for sale, I would greatly appreciate if you'd tell me about it.

CE_M1-4.jpg

I just noticed that the Astonishing #3 in Gerber is actually a Canadian copy and has "# 27" on the cover below the logo. I'm assuming #3 American edition is the same as this #27 Canadian copy.

West

While it is ethnically inappropriate, I don't feel it to be distasteful for the time period. There are a number of similar examples, Young Allies for example, who use depictions such as this. I'm sure E. Gerber just could not find a copy to photograph.

I really like what has become of this thread, and would like to thank all of you for contributing to it. It will eventually become a very nice little reference tool ! thumbsup2.gif

Hey Gold Comics; any chance you can reduce the scan by about half so it will fit the page better? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifflowerred.gif