• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber No-Shows: Post yours here!

192 posts in this topic

With the advent of the internet it seems a lot has changed since the books were printed. I wonder if Mary and the Gerber family would/have considered issuing a new version with updated rarity index and the missing books that have now been found :)

I treasure my Gerber books. They certainly are a must for any golden age collector !

Oh and there are a few DWOTN books that don't appear in there. If I get a min tonight Ill post them

Finally acquired this Gerber 8 No Show, after mentioning in a previous post on this thread this year that it was the last of the Gerber No Shows i was after(three, all from Ace publications). Love the cover as this lady in red and a mask with a whip is showing who is boss.Super-MysteryComicsv61_zpsfd3a6897.jpgThis is why we should never say never. Famous last words! As a mostly Looney Tunes devout, there are a few single cover issues i'm looking for from other cartoon stars. This is the one from Disney i have always wanted. Went shopping yesterday and got it.( Forgot it's a No Show too) and Gerber 6. The Disney collectors can tell if what i have heard of it being the toughest Firestone Christmas issues to come by is true.....(Just don't tell Bugs or Daffy!)

DonaldampMickeyMerryChristmasFirestone1944_zpsdbd1a52e.jpg

Here are a couple no-shows from the Dell War Comics / War Stories run. I don't have Gerber in front of me, but I believe it was the #3 and #6 that were missing.

:baiting:On a side note, I only need War Comics #2 to complete my run... Can anyone help?

War_Comics_3_zpsfe7d024a.jpg

And this one I just picked up off of ebay earlier today (not my favorite cover, but hard to find nonetheless):

war_stories_zps57a6c218.jpg

Here are a couple no-shows from the Dell War Comics / War Stories run. I don't have Gerber in front of me, but I believe it was the #3 and #6 that were missing.

:baiting:On a side note, I only need War Comics #2 to complete my run... Can anyone help?

War_Comics_3_zpsfe7d024a.jpg

And this one I just picked up off of ebay earlier today (not my favorite cover, but hard to find nonetheless):

war_stories_zps57a6c218.jpg

Love seeing these true rarities! Good luck finishing your run. Thanks for sharing! :applause:

Love seeing these true rarities! Good luck finishing your run. Thanks for sharing! :applause:

I appreciate the kudos. Once I get my hands on the War Comics #2, I'll post the whole run. I think I have a lead on a beater copy of #2, so that may have to suffice for now.

Always happy when i pick up one of these books for this thread! A copy was shown earlier in the thread, but here is mine! :D Gotta love the mail man! Blue%20Bolt%20v7%205_zpsor2us6c1.jpg

Gerber never saw that one and neither have I. Great book!

Always happy when i pick up one of these books for this thread! A copy was shown earlier in the thread, but here is mine! :D Gotta love the mail man! Blue%20Bolt%20v7%205_zpsor2us6c1.jpg

Great pickup - and in really nice shape too! I've seen this one around in chasing the LB Cole covers. It really stands out from the rest of the run and it's one non-Cole book I would like a copy of someday. Jim Wilcox did a bunch of nice covers for the BB's! Congrats!

here's a gerber no show

Fight against Crime issue seven

definitely not common

Well sir!! That is definitely not a common book. I'd say it's even scarcer than the index number assigned it! The subject matter on the cover is almost as envelope pushing as the no 20,! A real treat! Thanks for sharing! :applause::applause: