• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Beetle

149 posts in this topic

It'll be a series of mini series, just like Hellboy, BPRD, and many other Dark Horse titles.

so the stories wont have anything to do with each other? :(

Locke & Key-esque maybe? Overarching theme with individual stories/missions? (shrug)

Don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I walked into a LCS today, and found a small stack of Black Beetle #1’s in their back issues boxes. I thought of picking them up, but noticed that all the books had ink damage. The best I can explain it, is that they all looked like what happens to colored clothing when you spray it with bleach; it turns yellowish/white in the spots were the bleach lands. That’s how these books looked. They were all bagged/boarded, so I assume it was printer damage? :shrug:

Has anyone else noticed this problem with this book? I doubt it was only this store’s batch…

9z0TBlm.png

7n39EP1.png

This is what I like to refer to as: "The dreaded Hellboy syndrome"

Hell for back issue price increases.

this is a terrible ongoing format that encourages trade purchases.

If the creator has no faith in the property as an ongoing, WHY should fans.

This is not a shot at BB, a book I adore.

It's a shot at the ongoing mini decision by the creator.

A mistake in my humble opinion.