• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Beetle

149 posts in this topic

I'm sure he doesn't give a *spoon* about back issue prices and Hellboy's format certainly hasn't hurt its exposure, with 2 major movies and all. Francesco has also gained a lot of popularity lately as a movie poster illustrator, so it's more likely a lack of time than a lack of faith in the property.

Did I say it had ANYTHING to do with its success?

"Certainly hasn't hurt its exposure"

"OMG HELLBOY BLEW UP BECAUSE IT WAS A SERIES OF MINIS!!!!111"

Legacy numbering would be nice for us, but it implies a timely release schedule and an overarching continuity, which may or may not be what Francesco/Dark Horse has planned for the book at this point.

Well I will be the first test subject for DH 11 SS and Back Beetle's 1 and Compics Pro next weekend,

I sent my BB comics pro for SS with Doug next weekend too. I didn't even think of sending the Dh11s :frustrated:

All of my books were signed and are at cgc.

:)

Talk to Francisco and he told me that there are plenty of archs planned.

As did I. He seemed really into talking to me after I kept harping on how much of a fan I was of this/him. I just never really thought about how much work he was putting into BB. He said since he was doing literally everything for it, that he doubted he would be able to put out more than 4 issues per year. Really good dude, I hope he keeps it going.