• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My hero, Ian Levine

248 posts in this topic

Things are beginning to change around here.

I do hope so, because I really WASN'T coming back until I read all this. And now I'm just waiting for the Darthdiesel, Deathlok, FireGodAres, or Aman619 postings to say that I only gave Joanna the comics to win sympathy and support (well if I didn't say this, then one of the above names was BOUND to post it up here - unless these boards really HAVE changed).

The facsimile covers are incredibly good. The whole stack is just so darn beautiful.

I'm hoping to have the time to pick a good story and write a GA Review of it.

Welcome back, Ian. Down to your last book? That's amazing. Can't wait for the "DONE!" online party.

From the old adage "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone", I have to say that I sure am happy to have a stack of GA WW's and Sensations in the house again. There's gonna be some reading going on here! Man, this is gonna be fun.

-- Joanna

Things are beginning to change around here.

I do hope so, because I really WASN'T coming back until I read all this. And now I'm just waiting for the Darthdiesel, Deathlok, FireGodAres, or Aman619 postings to say that I only gave Joanna the comics to win sympathy and support (well if I didn't say this, then one of the above names was BOUND to post it up here - unless these boards really HAVE changed).

Welcome Back to the Boards!

WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK I (WE ) MISSED YOU

Oh, and one more thing......

Despite the HORROR of the self-appointed Comic Police, who couldn't wait to report my friend Richard to E-Bay for DARING to put up a harmless want-ad for four comics on E-Bay, yes DESPITE all the ensuing problems it caused, it DID lead me to find a much nicer Detective 3 than the one that Heritage were selling, and an equally nicer four than the overpriced one on Comic Link at half the price.

So despite the actions of the merciless and cruel and holier-than-thou Comic Police, the ad still did work before it was expelled and destroyed.

So I am utterly unrepentant.

Now I just need to secure that New Adventure 26.

The facsimile covers are incredibly good. The whole stack is just so darn beautiful.

-- Joanna

There may be a few more to come in a few weeks.

If you don't believe me, ask Metarog. He's had four big parcels off me so far. Once I accumulate spares, I like to give them to my friends who'll appreciate them. And as I'm in the middle of upgrading the tattier low-grades in my collection, or any incomplete comics I may have originally acquired, and therefore ending up with spares, I don't mind the first copies going to people who'll appreciate them. I also did a wonderful deal for Filter, as I upgraded my Superman 1, Flash 1, All Star 3 and All Star 8, and he benefitted with an amazing deal.

Joanna will eventually get a second parcel. Luckily, most were complete, and hardly any (maybe one or at the most 2) had missing centrefolds

And maybe Ian will make his return to the boards in this very thread?

How can I refuse after this ????????

But the 20 comics for Joanna were a secret, and I didn't want to spoil her surprise until she got them. They were all comics I'd either upgraded or that were originally coverless and I'd taken my copy and added a facsimile cover printed out at a printing place (looking much more real than a xerox). Since promising to help out Joanna, I spent a few weeks grabbing whatever affordable Sensation Comics and Wonder Woman Comics that I could, until I finally had a pile of twenty spares, and then I sent them to her. Obviously they had to be spares, but they certainly all looked nice.

After the way I was treated by (in particular) Darthdiesel, Deathlok, and Ultimate Venom, I really didn't want to return, but this thread has finally persuaded me otherwise.

And despite my thoughts about Ultimate Venom, he was man enough to apologise.

And I am down to one now, not two, and very close to getting it as well.

Welcome back, Ian! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I do hope so, because I really WASN'T coming back until I read all this. And now I'm just waiting for the Darthdiesel, Deathlok, FireGodAres, or Aman619 postings to say that I only gave Joanna the comics to win sympathy and support (well if I didn't say this, then one of the above names was BOUND to post it up here - unless these boards really HAVE changed

Considering what you did, and considering who you did it for, it would be PR death to question your motivations publically on the boards.

As Freud said: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"

And sometimes an act of generosity is just an act of generosity.

Nice to see you back Ian, and that was a very nice thing you did for Joanna. Good work.

Thankyou

After the pleasure that Shield and Archiefan brought to me with their kind gesture, I was glad I could do the same for Joanna.

Good to have you back Ian.......and one suggestion.....

Please, no more references to specific gripes or individuals after this. If it is to be water under the bridge, be as fair as you can to those who you had issues with before. That is the only way we can get past this. And I do ask those individuals on their end to please let this drop.

And again, a great move Ian!

Best, Redhook