• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My hero, Ian Levine

248 posts in this topic

Congratulations Joanna, I have received a few of Ian's comics packages before so I know how you feel. Although I have a pretty good collection already it is very weak in DCs so when Ian sent me some of those lovely Golden-Age stories-I was similarly awestruck. Kudos to you, Ian. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is one reason why I like to think we're all an extended family on these boards. Sure, there are the old "family disagreements" and "I'm leaving!"s, but generally we all watch out for each other.

I know I was impressed a few months ago when Shield aquired one of Ian's most sought-after books, and instead of asking him for several hundred dollars, just *gave* him the book.

And now Ian has done this incredibly nice thing for Joanna.

You guys really impress me sometimes.

thumbsup2.gifangel.gifflowerred.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Today, in the mail, I got a box with 20 incredible golden age Wonder Woman and Sensation Comics.

I am very happy for you, Joanna. And very impressed with Ian, as well. I think Ian made a brilliant move. That $100 debt was paid back yes, in monetary value far beyond the debt, but in - how to put it - old POV is looking for words - more importantly, in an emotional value that goes WAY beyond the $$$.

Ian - Kudos to the googleplex power (if I may paraphrase BACK TO THE FUTURE 3). Joanna - I really appreciate how you must be feeling. Well, not just me. Anyone here who has lost books and then relcaimed them understands!

YEEHAAAAAA Dagnabbit! mad.gif

grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

::typo edit - I typod "WAY"?????????893frustrated.gif::

This is one reason why I like to think we're all an extended family on these boards. Sure, there are the old "family disagreements" and "I'm leaving!"s, but generally we all watch out for each other.

I know I was impressed a few months ago when Shield aquired one of Ian's most sought-after books, and instead of asking him for several hundred dollars, just *gave* him the book.

And now Ian has done this incredibly nice thing for Joanna.

You guys really impress me sometimes.

thumbsup2.gifangel.gifflowerred.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

Always good to spread around the good Karma! Thanks IAN! Boy Joanna, being a member here has really worked out well for you! Congrats!

Shawn

BOC commends Ian on this wonderful gesture. He went over & beyond the call of duty. The debt has been repaid & then some. 2 thumbs up from BOC. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif to both BOC and IAN

And maybe Ian will make his return to the boards in this very thread?

How can I refuse after this ????????

But the 20 comics for Joanna were a secret, and I didn't want to spoil her surprise until she got them. They were all comics I'd either upgraded or that were originally coverless and I'd taken my copy and added a facsimile cover printed out at a printing place (looking much more real than a xerox). Since promising to help out Joanna, I spent a few weeks grabbing whatever affordable Sensation Comics and Wonder Woman Comics that I could, until I finally had a pile of twenty spares, and then I sent them to her. Obviously they had to be spares, but they certainly all looked nice.

After the way I was treated by (in particular) Darthdiesel, Deathlok, and Ultimate Venom, I really didn't want to return, but this thread has finally persuaded me otherwise.

And despite my thoughts about Ultimate Venom, he was man enough to apologise.

And I am down to one now, not two, and very close to getting it as well.

But the 20 comics for Joanna were a secret, and I didn't want to spoil her surprise until she got them. They were all comics I'd either upgraded or that were originally coverless and I'd taken my copy and added a facsimile cover printed out at a printing place (looking much more real than a xerox). Since promising to help out Joanna, I spent a few weeks grabbing whatever affordable Sensation Comics and Wonder Woman Comics that I could, until I finally had a pile of twenty spares, and then I sent them to her. Obviously they had to be spares, but they certainly all looked nice.

After the way I was treated by (in particular) Darthdiesel, Deathlok, and Ultimate Venom, I really didn't want to return, but this thread has finally persuaded me otherwise.

IAN YOUR BACK!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

WELCOME BACK WELCOME BACK I (WE ) MISSED YOU thumbsup2.gifhi.gif