• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My hero, Ian Levine

248 posts in this topic

Hi Ian and welcome back!

Be sure to go to your Home Page and put the one remaining DC in your signiture area, that way it will be seen with each post. Is it Adventure # 2 ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Good to have you back Ian.......and one suggestion.....

Please, no more references to specific gripes or individuals after this. If it is to be water under the bridge, be as fair as you can to those who you had issues with before. That is the only way we can get past this. And I do ask those individuals on their end to please let this drop.

And again, a great move Ian!

Best, Redhook

congratulations Ian! And what a nice thing to do for Joanna, the nicest sanest poster here.

Im glad you came back and hope you enjoy your day in the sun as an honest to goodness superhero collector!

but gee whiz, I know I shouldnt post this, but - - -

it took you all of three posts to not only admit that Joannas package was a secret gesture, but that you have three more "secret" packages planned, and to publicly call out 4 more reprobates by name, (as referenced by Redhook above) demanding satisfaction.

I should bite my tongue and wait it out, I know, since it seems you have learned as little about letting bygones be bygones or self-serving posting as I have in the month you were gone huh? Sorry Hoook, just wanted to say this since I was named on the list. An sorry to everyone here who reads this as an off-color comment in an otherwise happy moment here.

Please, no more references to specific gripes or individuals after this. If it is to be water under the bridge, be as fair as you can to those who you had issues with before. That is the only way we can get past this. And I do ask those individuals on their end to please let this drop.

Best, Redhook

congratulations Ian! And what a nice thing to do for Joanna, the nicest sanest poster here.

Im glad you came back and hope you enjoy your day in the sun as an honest to goodness superhero collector!

but gee whiz, I know I shouldnt post this, but - - -

it took you all of three posts to not only admit that Joannas package was a secret gesture, but that you have three more "secret" packages planned, and to publicly call out 4 more reprobates by name, (as referenced by Redhook above) demanding satisfaction.

I should bite my tongue and wait it out, I know, since it seems you have learned as little about letting bygones be bygones or self-serving posting as I have in the month you were gone huh? Sorry Hoook, just wanted to say this since I was named on the list. An sorry to everyone here who reads this as an off-color comment in an otherwise happy moment here.

893naughty-thumb.gif

Best, Redhook

Very nice thing to do Ian and I'm so happy for Joanna. I also agree 100% with Red's post.

Ian's back! I can finally exhale! I've always enjoyed your posts and supported your quest. Kudos to you for your generosity and congratulations to Joanna. This is one of the nicest things I've read on these boards. laugh.gif

Ian,

You really showed a big heart with your kid gesture and a class act to be sure. Let me say that I've had my flame wars with certain individuals in the past but I just chalk it up as a healthy discussion and move on to the next thread. I will be the first to admit that I did have a little fun with your "I'm leaving" statement but there was no malice intended and I'm sure I speak for many (as you can see) when I say that I'm glad you are back.

Please bring us up to day on how you made your last few purchases. thumbsup2.gif

it took you all of three posts to not only admit that Joannas package was a secret gesture

Aman, it was a secret from me. He didn't alert me that the package was coming, so that it would be a surprise. That's all he was saying. Not that it was a secret now. He was just explaining why I was so flabbergasted.

He didn't do any of this to get reactions from the board. He had no idea that I was going to post a thread. I did that because I wanted you guys to see another side of Ian. And I wanted to publicly thank him for something that meant a lot to me.

-- Joanna

Ian,

You really showed a big heart with your kid gesture and a class act to be sure. Let me say that I've had my flame wars with certain individuals in the past but I just chalk it up as a healthy discussion and move on to the next thread. I will be the first to admit that I did have a little fun with your "I'm leaving" statement but there was no malice intended and I'm sure I speak for many (as you can see) when I say that I'm glad you are back.

Please bring us up to day on how you made your last few purchases. thumbsup2.gif

well, congrats to IAN for this lovely gesture and a hearty welcome back to the boards!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

congrats to Joanna for her stroke of luck!! thumbsup2.gif

like timely, i'm feeling real bad about all those SA LL's and JO's that i traded away over the years grin.gif

and as just stated, let's hear about the action #1 upgrade and the Tec acquisitions, please.......... cool.gif