• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Ghosts
1 1

3,680 posts in this topic

Open a store in San Antonio Larry!!!!!! Or get a store to be a Phantom variant participant and do some Phantom tours with the creators. : )

Edited by THB

I woke up today, took scans of all my 5 Ghosts at home that I hand picked and submitted my best regular cover forward to Larry after I visited his comic shop with one of my girlfriends for the signing. Larry was a nice cool guy with a nice comic shop! Even though I was in a hurry I got to chat with him for a minute... I gave him the best one I hand picked at my local store the second it was available and it was literally FAR better than most if not all the others I looked at while picking it. I know these suffer from spine dents but from my scans on my pc and my eyes/iphone pics I know I submitted a nice one! I also took some pictures of it before and after the signing so Im pretty pumped!

Chris and Frank are extremely polite and I got to see them at Larrys in Lowell as well as my hometown comic shop when I got back. I talked to Frank for a minute who again is extremely polite and also watched Chris for a sec doing a sketch. They deserve all the praise for this comic as it is easily one of my new favorites and I really enjoyed the first issue!

2myasfq.jpg

2ibyidh.jpg

34qle69.jpg

Edited by Cobra83

Name is five ghosts. Why have more

Look at you hunting for info. bro!!! If I answer the question directly, it'll be a spoiler. I think the question I asked stemmed from a conversation about 'where' the ghosts come from and 'how' they're integrated with Fabian.

Once I understood the premise behind that, I asked "if there is room for more ghosts".

It's really hard to discuss this without dropping too many tidbits. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind someone telling me the ending of a movie I haven't seen....cause I'm still going to see it if I truly want to.....the same with books or other media. But I know there are alot of other individuals who don't like that sort of thing.....they want to be surprised and want a big reveal to be the fruit of their labor. So for those people, I'd rather not delve into it. But by issue 3 most of the answers to these questions will be evident from what I understand.

Not that this was inferred or even insinuated: but did it ever occur to you that there could be other ghosts and Fabian is just hooked into 5 right now? Maybe there'll be a switchie ITF......it's not out of the realm of possibilities.....

but once again anything I've said was gleaned from casual conversations about the dreamstone, the main antagonists in the series as well as why Fabian appears to be all messed up from the ghosts.

I'm really diggin this comic.

wonder if Fabians nemesis could be inhabited by bad guy ghosts, like the ghost of Jack the Ripper, the ghost of Genghis Khan, the ghost of Moriarty, etc.

But they never come right out and say it's Sherlock holmes, etc.....so guess there can be other ghosts with more nefarious plans.

Edited by krighton

Name is five ghosts. Why have more

Look at you hunting for info. bro!!! If I answer the question directly, it'll be a spoiler. I think the question I asked stemmed from a conversation about 'where' the ghosts come from and 'how' they're integrated with Fabian.

Once I understood the premise behind that, I asked "if there is room for more ghosts".

It's really hard to discuss this without dropping too many tidbits. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind someone telling me the ending of a movie I haven't seen....cause I'm still going to see it if I truly want to.....the same with books or other media. But I know there are alot of other individuals who don't like that sort of thing.....they want to be surprised and want a big reveal to be the fruit of their labor. So for those people, I'd rather not delve into it. But by issue 3 most of the answers to these questions will be evident from what I understand.

Not that this was inferred or even insinuated: but did it ever occur to you that there could be other ghosts and Fabian is just hooked into 5 right now? Maybe there'll be a switchie ITF......it's not out of the realm of possibilities.....

but once again anything I've said was gleaned from casual conversations about the dreamstone, the main antagonists in the series as well as why Fabian appears to be all messed up from the ghosts.

I'm really diggin this comic.

You're making the wait for issue two even more painful lol. Oh and props on the art, I saw it a few pages back. You are one lucky guy! :applause:

accessndx thanks for some of that info!

krighton what you mentioned would be awesome!

I am honestly liking this comic a lot! I asked Chris if I could contact him in a bit to see if I can get a custom commission done and he was super nice about it. The creators are honestly very nice and humble people. I am lucky to have got to meet them and I didnt want to overwhelm them with questions so I just tried to respect them and ask a couple things.

Frank also assured me that as long as there are readers and a want for more then they will give us more. This comic was something I was eyeing for a bit but I have to say its way cooler than I thought it might be! I also need to stop by Larrys shop more as its not too far away and he seemed like a really cool guy for sure.

accessndx thanks for some of that info!

krighton what you mentioned would be awesome!

I am honestly liking this comic a lot! I asked Chris if I could contact him in a bit to see if I can get a custom commission done and he was super nice about it. The creators are honestly very nice and humble people. I am lucky to have got to meet them and I didnt want to overwhelm them with questions so I just tried to respect them and ask a couple things.

Frank also assured me that as long as there are readers and a want for more then they will give us more. This comic was something I was eyeing for a bit but I have to say its way cooler than I thought it might be! I also need to stop by Larrys shop more as its not too far away and he seemed like a really cool guy for sure.

They are definitely cool guys. At the signing on Thursday, I must have talked with them for over an hour, and we only left because the store was closing. They're big comic fans that just love to talk comics.

Here's a picture of them from the Thursday signing I forgot to post.

photo16_zps8a492289.jpg

I met him in person krighton. He was a cool dude with a good personality. Im a good judge of character and I guess thats just my opinion. I like him though ( =

Yeah, lemonman5 they are very down to earth. I was extremely happy to meet them.

Edited by Cobra83