• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2021 at 4:30 AM, mosconi said:

That is beyond funny.  For JJJ to be tracking Dazzler #1's for possible purchase from a seller whose auctions reek of deception and fraud is even more bizarre.  From KSH's blurry photos, "slight color touch, trimmed" disclosures nicely tucked away at the very bottom of his descriptions, to the ridiculous claims of 9.8, 9.9 and 10.0 grades on his raw books?!  I have to imagine anyone with his resto and comic knowledge would stay clear of these books.  If JJJ is not Danny, could he be a partner or close associate?    

Occam's razor.  :gossip:  Dont overcomplicate things.  

On 11/2/2021 at 6:59 AM, FFB said:

unless the mods kick you out again for the umpteenth time). 

Why would they kick me off? I haven't broken any rules. I'm not a shill. And I've been nothing but tolerant of all in this thread while pointing out claims that I'm someone else because of other things, I know about arm-wrestling, strength athletics, baseball, etc.  No one here has or has had any interests in any other areas aside from this hobby? 

If one area I'm aware of or know about checks the box on an area that KellySH is aware of, that's a positive ID? Come on now. . 

I found both of these interesting at the time

On 10/28/2021 at 12:30 AM, James J Johnson said:

Hatred, for some reason, obviously. First, the seller sent him a beautiful book that could very well be the 9.8 quality it's listed as. Then, maybe the seller cracked open a 9.6 and listed it as a 9.8. And then finally, the seller is a "fiend" who must be brought down. Hatred, obviously. Airline pilots can hate too, if he is one. They're human, right? Because you can fly a plane doesn't mean you can't have an axe to grind with someone.

On 10/28/2021 at 2:17 AM, James J Johnson said:

Just received another ebay message from the seller. He did take my advice with my solution to this canard and even went one step beyond. Good for him, hate to admit it but sending the book and giving him back his money is something that I sure wouldn't do after what's gone down so far. :whatthe:

On 11/2/2021 at 9:22 AM, FFB said:

My point here is that you are very knowledgeable about comic books and related issues and it's nice that you share the information.  People really need to be savvy to know when you are sharing good information vs bad information, however, and there are no warning signs for the unwary.

Maybe now we can get to the bottom of the elusive " Eastern File Copies " mystery.

Nice to see FFB posting again. :golfclap:

On 11/2/2021 at 7:22 AM, FFB said:

Although you may have forgotten in the almost 18 years since I joined these boards, the reason I wound up here is because I won one of your auctions on ebay for (IIRC) an ASM #1 in high grade back in early 2004.  I don't remember the specific grade at this point (I think it was a VF/NM or somewhere in the neighborhood, but please correct my failing memory as I'm sure you have a record somewhere).  But what I do remember is that I was going to send it in to get it graded right away, which would have been my first CGC submission.  I called CGC and whoever I spoke to forwarded me to Steve Borock, who explained whose auction I had just won and directed me to a thread on here about you.   After reading about the situation that I had unwittingly stumbled into, I believe I emailed you and called off the purchase.  

Since that time (by which time you had already been banned twice from these boards, I believe), I've seen you create a shill account here from time to time, or post elsewhere from time to time.  The ComicPriceGuide.com boards were a good run for you and since they didn't ban you outright, you actually did contribute a lot of good information.  For example, I chased the highest graded copy of Brave & the Bold #25 long before anyone ever thought of making a Suicide Squad movie and found a book that graded out at VF+ 8.5 because I saw a thread where you were talking about what the really "rare" silver age books are.  I chased Action 242 for the same reason, but never found an acceptable copy.  Turns out you knew what you were talking about.  Both are seriously tough books at 8.0 or above.  

My point here is that you are very knowledgeable about comic books and related issues and it's nice that you share the information.  People really need to be savvy to know when you are sharing good information vs bad information, however, and there are no warning signs for the unwary. 

As I said, I, personally, have learned a lot from you.  But you are an absolute criminal and no one should buy any books from you, ever.  

As you know my name and state of residence, it should be very easy for you to come file your defamation lawsuit against me here in California if I've accused you unjustly.  I'll be waiting.  

And that's me who did all this and more? Whose only role here, in 4 years, as a proud member was advice for the benefit of fellow members? 

What I do find kind of funny/interesting, reading this thread and talking about identity confirmation, is that this can all be resolved by having another fellow, respected board member vouch for identity.

Whether using a handle name or a real name (less common) most people here could reach out to another boardie and have them vouch for identity, if needed. I'm sure whether communicating or dealing with or meeting at a con, etc. over the years, there is always someone who knows the true identity of an individual. A real name doesn't have to be disclosed for privacy, if preferred. It could just be another respected boardie coming on and stating "I know who "blank" really is and it isn't who you think it is". You would think someone, you has been on the boards for a few years, would be able to provide a reference who can vouch for identity (or not).

And yet......

On 11/2/2021 at 2:42 AM, Domo Arigato said:

So I started digging to see for myself. hm

Here is the 9th post you made on the forums:

I was thinking along the same lines.

JJJ's first post was a "Hey!  I'm new!  Great to be here" post.

His second post was starting a thread to draw attention to Stan Lee fake signatures on eBay.   Noobs don't jump in head first like that.  Unless they're not noobs. 

https://boards.cgccomics.com/profile/45226-james-j-johnson/content/page/226/?all_activity=1

1.thumb.jpg.460e34e4b5cc00b8c1a27a2bc8504a0c.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 7:32 AM, James J Johnson said:

And that's me who did all this and more? Whose only role here, in 4 years, as a proud member was advice for the benefit of fellow members? 

Whose only role here was exposing your competition. Good work if you can get it. 

On 11/2/2021 at 8:01 AM, mosconi said:

That was exactly my point lol

Ebay.   Approx.18 Dazzler 1s were the results on my $50 and up Dazzler #1 search. He had 6 of the 18.  I shouldn't look at them because he's not in the favor of the forum? I don't have a block on the seller. His listings will show up on my comic issue searches. doh!

On 11/2/2021 at 7:58 AM, shadroch said:

Whenever I misplace a thirty year old book, the first place I go to look for one is on a known scammers site. Doesn't everyone?

It's a 40 year old book. and

Ebay.   Approx.18 Dazzler 1s were the results on my $50 and up Dazzler #1 search. He had 6 of the 18.  I shouldn't look at them because he's not in the favor of the forum? I don't have a block on the seller. His listings will show up on my comic issue searches. doh!

On 11/2/2021 at 8:00 AM, shadroch said:

Whose only role here was exposing your competition. Good work if you can get it. 

At the very least, I never bought a $100,000+ book from him. Looking at his listings, I don't see anything even close to that. That would place you among his best customers of all time, doesn't it? 

On 11/2/2021 at 8:26 AM, James J Johnson said:

At the very least, I never bought a $100,000+ book from him. Looking at his listings, I don't see anything even close to that. That would place you among his best customers of all time, doesn't it? 

If buying a GA key off you thirty plus years ago qualifies me as one of your better customers, that might explain the broken down palace on Little Neck Parkway you called home for many years.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:22 AM, James J Johnson said:

It's interesting you wouldn't find anything cringe worthy about this seller's listings hm