• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 11/4/2021 at 9:34 AM, mosconi said:

That would put an end to this.  Let's see if JJJ takes you up on that offer?

I really doubt it but that would end this once and for all if he is not Cupcak.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/16686-comic-keys-outed-as-danny-dupcak-by-cbg/

"CGC Primary Grader Steve Borock recalled the fireworks beginning on his firm’s message board. “We had somebody who kept saying that he was not Danny Dupcak, but yet he would keep defending him".

On 11/4/2021 at 9:52 AM, kav said:

I really doubt it but that would end this once and for all if he is not Cupcak.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/16686-comic-keys-outed-as-danny-dupcak-by-cbg/

"CGC Primary Grader Steve Borock recalled the fireworks beginning on his firm’s message board. “We had somebody who kept saying that he was not Danny Dupcak, but yet he would keep defending him".

It wouldn't end anything. A personal appearance with ID in hand is the only thing that will end this. Of that I am certain, just as you all are. 

On 11/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, steveinthecity said:

Wouldn’t redacting (or blacking out) your own eBay ID work?  We could still see the message chain for both parties I believe. 2c

I was just about to say this.  Just black out your ebay id JJJ.  We're all interested in seeing the posts between you and Danny :blush: 

On 11/3/2021 at 8:25 PM, Domo Arigato said:

This has been going on for four days (since Sunday) and for over 400 posts now.

Can anyone honestly tell me......if accusations were being leveled at you for this long......and they were false.......that you wouldn't have absolutely lost your s**t by now?

Would any long time board member care to tell us who this reminds them of? lol

Why should I lose it? Tell you what. The whole issue is worth it. It's worth defending. Anyone here remember what the general and ebay marketplace were like before CGC opened up? The hobby was stagnant. Some fluidity, but not much. CGC changed this hobby for the better the same way that Babe Ruth saved baseball after the BlackSox scandal. 

Anyone that prospers or benefits in some way from the hobby today should be on their hands and knees thanking CGC and all involved for the incredible marketplace we have for the last 20 years and today, the same way Mrs. Ruth told the Colonel that he should be thanking Babe Ruth for saving baseball. 

Did anyone buying or selling comics in pre-CGC era even think that the marketplace would be where it is today? It would still be the Wild West and doomed to remain that way without CGC. Gratitude is the source of my patience and extended helpfulness and good will here. (worship)

On 11/4/2021 at 11:34 AM, mosconi said:

I was just about to say this.  Just black out your ebay id JJJ.  We're all interested in seeing the posts between you and Danny :blush: 

Black it out? And then you know it's me or when sent, how? Once everybody sees it and realizes, "Say wait a second. I can do this too!" we'll be back to other solutions for proof. What is the next major convention and where? That is the only way. And then again, unless I present all my personal photo info, how do we know I didn't send someone in my place? Everybody wants proof so badly, here and now, that you're not all thinking of the only positive way to ID. In person, present photo ID, answer questions, a 3 part ID process. That's the only way. Everything else suggested can be faked, which in your eagerness is being overlooked. Which I might add I do appreciate because of actually trying to allow me to ID. 

Edited by James J Johnson

On 11/4/2021 at 9:04 AM, chrisco37 said:

He could do that.  But, where does it end?   That wouldn't been enough to satisfy some of the people here.   IP Addresses for each of them?  Social Security #'s?  Birth Certificates?  Some of you will never be placated.  

On 11/4/2021 at 11:25 AM, James J Johnson said:

It wouldn't end anything. A personal appearance with ID in hand is the only thing that will end this. Of that I am certain, just as you all are. 

Every single thing thats been suggested you've said 'that wouldnt help!'
Yet here you post repeatedly and its not helping.
I dont buy the "thats wouldnt help" argument.
Everything that has been suggested would help.  And you know that.
Reading the Cupcak thread, this is all so familiar.

Tell me how a video chat with me could be faked.  I could ask about various posts of yours over the years, boardies, running board jokes.  No way you could prep someone to take the test for you.  You could wear a mask.  All I need to see is your forehead.  Cupcak has a very distinctive fo'head.  
If you say "I could get another boardie I know to do it for me" well then have that boardie vouch for you.  And I dont think that would even work because I could randomly access any of your posts from years ago-no boardie is going to memorize all your posts.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:56 PM, kav said:

I was like no no no no way its danny.  Buzz and some others the same.  One by one as he refused to answer questions or shied away from suggestions to prove his identity we all said sadly omg it really is him.
All it would have taken to convince me he wasnt was:
Show anitpathy towards known scammer Cupcak
Take pic of his forehead over computer screen.
Have someone vouch for him.
Any one of these.  
Very simple things would have convinced me anyway instead it was "that wont help at all!  It can be faked!"
Yet he has spent a lot of energy in denials which....havent helped at all.
So I dont buy the wont help at all argument.

Is this some sort of new poetic meter?