• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seller kellyssuperheroes?
11 11

1,105 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 4:36 PM, James J Johnson said:

I did what I always do. I target a lie, and the liar. I take him down. I targeted his impossible story, which only got worse with every post. I didn't care who Peck is. I didn't care who Kellys/Dupcak is. I cared about, "what the heck is this guy lying about? 

I didn't stop to think about the forum's social ramifications of taking down that lie. That I shouldn't because of the identity of the target of that lie. But if that's what I have to do, to avoid this, I'll choose the lies and scams I see to rebut more carefully next time. If I see something, I'll still say something. But not about everything without first carefully considering the parties involved. 

I think your continued problem here stems from your repeated use of "lie" and "liar" even after a more reasonable scenario has been suggested. Perhaps a little less confrontational style coupled with shooting less for "taking down" people might help in the future.

On 10/31/2021 at 6:02 PM, kav said:

No one beats buzz at selling.  It just doesnt happen.

A lot of people do.  I just can't be bothered with certain things. 

On 10/31/2021 at 3:19 PM, kav said:
On 10/31/2021 at 3:03 PM, FFB said:

Are you serious?  Danny Dupcak *is* an expert on signatures and he and his shills have outed other scammers many, many times in the past to appear to be a "good guy."  

I did not know this-can you point me to anywhere that shows his expertise?

He was arrested, with Glen Beram, in 1995 for selling forged sports autographs from the hobby store ‘Wall of Fame’

https://www.oklahoman.com/article/2503559/memorabilia-store-accused-of-fraud

On 10/31/2021 at 5:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

A lot of people do.  I just can't be bothered with certain things. 

Thats why you beat everyone.  They might make more, but no one sticks to their guns and gets what they want like Buzz.  No one.

On 10/31/2021 at 3:12 PM, James J Johnson said:

The Wiz ties him. Although Buzz doez have them beat on zz's

Wiz.png

What do you think of Cupcak?

On 10/31/2021 at 5:21 PM, kav said:

What do you think of Cupcak?

I think if he was an autograph expert, he wouldn't have been arrested for forgeries. How bad at it did he have to be? How obvious to get arrested when guys like Tonfulle have been selling tens of thousands of dollars of horrific forgeries continuously, right out in the open on ebay, year after year? :makepoint: 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:38 PM, James J Johnson said:

I think if he was an autograph expert, he wouldn't have been arrested for forgeries. How bad at it did he have to be? How obvious to get arrested when guys like Tonfulle have been selling tens of thousands of dollars of horrific forgeries continuously, right out in the open on ebay, year after year? :makepoint: 

Cornholio’s forgeries are awful quality too, it’s not like he’s any better at it than shrimp balls.  Just that no one with a badge has knocked on his door.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:38 PM, James J Johnson said:

what do you think of him as a person?

On 10/31/2021 at 5:40 PM, kav said:

what do you think of him as a person?

For instance,Joe Page said that he is a "fiend". And that he was ripped off and and intended to inform ebay, I would guess in some effort for retribution. 

Should I take that second hand account as true and opine on that, reacting to it as "if true", when it isn't? "Gee; Kav, That's real bad. He's a fiend for doing that to Joe Page and a horrible person to do that to Joe"? I hate him too.

I just so happen to know that didn't happen so how do I honestly react to it? With moral outrage? What's the "correct" answer to please everyone? It's all a test at this point anyway. I haven't exposed so many so easily because I'm naive, right? 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:40 PM, mattn792 said:

Cornholio’s forgeries are awful quality too, it’s not like he’s any better at it than shrimp balls.  Just that no one with a badge has knocked on his door.

Wait. What are we talking about? I'm confused. I just looked online. Dupcak was arrested in 1994 in connection with a store. Was he arrested again recently? For ebay autographs? Because 1994 is the only arrest I can find. Link,please, to a more recent arrest if you have it? 

On 10/31/2021 at 5:40 PM, mattn792 said:

OK, I have it. Based on links from page 8 of this thread that discuss autographs:: 

signed autographed | eBay 

I know I shouldn't do this, and I know you're gong to hate this, but please don't blame me for my honest opinion that these are all good. All absolutely authentic, with the possible exception of the DiMaggio possibly being a TTM (through the mail) secretarial signature ca.1970s. Further, I'm fairly certain that all of these signed pieces would pass PSA or Beckett's $10 or $15 online quick opinion with flying colors. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:38 PM, James J Johnson said:

On 10/31/2021 at 7:40 PM, mattn792 said:

On 10/31/2021 at 8:00 PM, James J Johnson said:

Wait. What are we talking about? I'm confused. I just looked online. Dupcak was arrested in 1994 in connection with a store. Was he arrested again recently? For ebay autographs? Because 1994 is the only arrest I can find. Link,please, to a more recent arrest if you have it? 

You said shrimp balls must’ve been really bad at it to get arrested, and compared him to Cornholio.  All I’m saying is Cornholio’s are probably just as bad.  He just hasn’t been arrested because either no one cares, or not enough victims have come forward or even know they’ve been scammed.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:10 PM, James J Johnson said:

OK, I have it. Based on links from page 8 of this thread that discuss autographs:: 

signed autographed | eBay 

I know I shouldn't do this, and I know you're gong to hate this, but please don't blame me for my honest opinion that these are all good. All absolutely authentic, with the possible exception of the DiMaggio possibly being a TTM (through the mail) secretarial signature ca.1970s. Further, I'm fairly certain that all of these signed pieces would pass PSA or Beckett's $10 or $15 online quick opinion with flying colors. 

I have no interest in his sports memorabilia, opine away.

On 10/31/2021 at 6:10 PM, mattn792 said:

You said shrimp balls must’ve been really bad at it to get arrested, and compared him to Cornholio.  All I’m saying is Cornholio’s are probably just as bad.  He just hasn’t been arrested because either no one cares, or not enough victims have come forward or even know they’ve been scammed.

Honestly, I don't know who is signature scammed and who is not. I can't speak on the unknown. I can only speak on what I can see, which are the ones up and running now, which all look good to me except for 50/50 on the Dimaggio either being a rushed authentic signature, or a secretarial TTM. (through the mail).