• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

199 posts in this topic

Grading is decent and I've found there shipping to be relatively quick. There are definitely times when shipping took a few days longer than others but I figured conventions got in the way. Best thing about them is very good silver age selection.

After the last auction, I waited about a week for them to ship. I got an email on Thursday that the books had shipped, and delivery was expected to be on Friday. . Friday afternoon, I got an email saying Fed Ex had picked up the books and would be delivered on Monday.

That is a huge improvement over their performance of a year ago, when the time to ship was often three weeks or more.

I am not thrilled with their raw grading. Perhaps its better on higher ticket items, but I recently won a book described as Fine/ Very fine that was missing a MVS. It was only an $8 book, but it still is poor form.

I bought my first early bronze age slab from them. It was on the last day of a 3day show, with a couple hours left, so I'm sure everybody was wanting to pack up. I don't recall who I was helped by, but he was helpful enough given that I was just browsing through their bins.

Chatted a bit. Zeroed in on a cheap slab, and the rep seemed slightly offending when I offered a price that was about 12% off their listed price. He ended up accepting it as it wasn't a hot book by any means, and was probably actually happy to get that for it ;)

I usually give about 3 weeks before I email the auction house when I would expect my books to arrive. I understand that there are a ton of books to be packed, labeled, and shipped. Just gotta be patient and know that you will receive your order.

I've been happy.... and the selection is fantastic. Some of their books are consignment and may take slightly longer, as the consignor must first ship to Metro. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I bought my first early bronze age slab from them. It was on the last day of a 3day show, with a couple hours left, so I'm sure everybody was wanting to pack up. I don't recall who I was helped by, but he was helpful enough given that I was just browsing through their bins.

Chatted a bit. Zeroed in on a cheap slab, and the rep seemed slightly offending when I offered a price that was about 12% off their listed price. He ended up accepting it as it wasn't a hot book by any means, and was probably actually happy to get that for it ;)

Yeah I bet he was ecstatic. Metro's pretty hard up for cash.

Well, one thing I can say for Metro is that once they ship it book it certainly doesn't take long to arrive.

Order placed 3/19

Order shipped 3/25

Order received 3/26

All in all it took a week. Not bad. However, the book is definitely overgraded. Listed at 9.6, the book I received is much closer to 9.2. Oh well.

I recently got four books back from CGC that I had purchased from Comic Connect Auctions:

Iron Fist 14 Raw 9.6 - CGC grade 9.4

Conan 1 Raw 9.2 - CGC grade 9.4

Spectre! 1 Raw 9.2 - CGC 9.4

Tales of Suspense 40 Raw 6.0 - CGC grade 6.0

Even though there was only one over-graded book it was also the most expensive of the lot.

In the end it pretty much envened out.

I think it's awesome that they allowed a first-time customer like myself to do time payments on a high dollar book.

Can't wait to pay it off and receive in a couple months, and plan on using that service in the future as well to help get some higher dollar stuff...

Their shipping has been terribly slow over the last two months. They are spending too much time on their auctions and don't get around to pulling and shipping their orders.

Ditto here. I've had a couple of orders the last couple of months take quite some time to ship out. Understaffed?

I won an auction from CConnect / Metropolis same time (June) last year. Took almost six weeks to get it. Their story to me "Sorry, it's con season. Most of our staff are busy setting up for San Diego".

So yes, they are probably STILL understaffed. :frustrated:

Lousy excuse

Waaaah!

Their shipping has been terribly slow over the last two months. They are spending too much time on their auctions and don't get around to pulling and shipping their orders.

Ditto here. I've had a couple of orders the last couple of months take quite some time to ship out. Understaffed?

I won an auction from CConnect / Metropolis same time (June) last year. Took almost six weeks to get it. Their story to me "Sorry, it's con season. Most of our staff are busy setting up for San Diego".

So yes, they are probably STILL understaffed. :frustrated:

Lousy excuse

Waaaah!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Last excuse I got was something about a swollen testicle

Interesting that they would put one con over their store.

Con - 2 or 3 days.

Store - every day of the year.

Seems like taking care of your store would be prevalent. It is what makes you money all year long.

:shrug:

-slym