• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

199 posts in this topic

I placed an order 10 days ago -- no confirmation of the item being shipped yet.

Other than HA, i dont even bother checking the other auction sites for at least 2 weeks. HA though, i usually get a "shipped" email after a few days before i even pay (worship)

I placed an order 10 days ago -- no confirmation of the item being shipped yet.

Other than HA, i dont even bother checking the other auction sites for at least 2 weeks. HA though, i usually get a "shipped" email after a few days before i even pay (worship)

I've been a Metropolis customer some 10+ years. Up until this year, I usually had my items shipped same day or next day. It was never something I had to think about. They were spot on. But the last few orders I've placed, I've had to wait. Hopefully they will work out their staffing issue, because at least until this year, their customer service had been second-to-none.

Order placed 7/12, still pending. Called today and someone in customer service told me they're "having internet problems and can't access all the orders", but they'll call me when my order ships.

I can see the books I ordered have been pulled from the online inventory, though.

Their shipping has been terribly slow over the last two months. They are spending too much time on their auctions and don't get around to pulling and shipping their orders.

Ditto here. I've had a couple of orders the last couple of months take quite some time to ship out. Understaffed?

I won an auction from CConnect / Metropolis same time (June) last year. Took almost six weeks to get it. Their story to me "Sorry, it's con season. Most of our staff are busy setting up for San Diego".

So yes, they are probably STILL understaffed. :frustrated:

Lousy excuse

I was in their offices last week. I can promise you that from what I saw they were running around, VERY busy and all you could hear was the sound of tape being dispensed and paper being printed.

It is smack in the middle of Con season guys.

Con season lasts 8 months. Should we be OK with poor service most of the year?

The major con's are now. I suggest you just pick up the phone and call their shipping department, whining won't help.

Some restaurants have crappy service but good food at good prices. Its up to you to decide which part of your experience has more value to you, and makes the transaction 'worth it'. Nothing wrong with venting or making a complaint, or spreading the news about sucky service, but ultimately your dollar speaks loudest.

If you should have your comic by now according to the terms they set, and they won't respond to your calls/emails, have your credit card company get a chargeback on them for non-service. A few of those from a few different people, and the credit card company notices, as do others....

But if you sit and wait and complain because your comic at that price means more to you than good service ....then you've made that choice.

A couple of hours after my call to them I got a call back from Vincent to let me know (most of) my order will ship out on Monday. One book in my order couldn't be found, and of course it was the reason I placed the order in the first place. :( To be fair, though, it was almost certainly mispriced and pulled when they realized the error.

The major con's are now. I suggest you just pick up the phone and call their shipping department, whining won't help.

I haven't ordered anything but I can call them and tell them you said hi

I'm not a customer and I haven't ordered anything but I can make the most noise about their customer service!

(thumbs u :facepalm:

I'm not too thrilled with their shipping either

You might be the King of Comics !!! I do not mean that in any way that should be taken disrespectfully.

1001525_520869797967955_469005655_n.jpg