• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Comics

199 posts in this topic

I just "completed" my first order with Metropolis. I ordered something about a week and a half before I was headed out of town (for over a week) thinking these days that would be plenty of time. Then about a week went by and it still hadn't shipped, so I sent them an email asking them to change the shipping address, I didn't think it would work but it was worth a shot. Didn't even get a reply. So finally, after 2+ weeks they finally ship the comic, and FedEx delivers it within 2 days. Everything turned out ok, thankfully FedEx drops packages off at my apartment complex's office instead of the front door (like UPS).

I know this is complaining, and nit-picking but if Metropolis used UPS there's a good chance my comic wouldn't have been on my door step when I got home.

Didnt want to start a new thread. Just venting . Purchased a comic book on June 18th and still has not even been processed yet. I emailed them on June 27th and got a reply back that they were behind but will be processed and shipped within 1 week , well its July 13th , almost a month and nothing. Just sent off another email asking whats up. I know 1 months not a huge deal but a little frustrating. I mean its not even proccessed yet , I dont think it will be shipped for a while still. Venting over.

I bought a couple of "VF++++" books from them a couple years ago. They looked close to the grade, structurally, but had heavy tanning on the inside covers.

As they were Mohawk Valley books, I sort of expected something. But I still wince at the premium I paid

Didnt want to start a new thread. Just venting . Purchased a comic book on June 18th and still has not even been processed yet. I emailed them on June 27th and got a reply back that they were behind but will be processed and shipped within 1 week , well its July 13th , almost a month and nothing. Just sent off another email asking whats up. I know 1 months not a huge deal but a little frustrating. I mean its not even proccessed yet , I dont think it will be shipped for a while still. Venting over.

Their shipping has been terribly slow over the last two months. They are spending too much time on their auctions and don't get around to pulling and shipping their orders.

Their shipping has been terribly slow over the last two months. They are spending too much time on their auctions and don't get around to pulling and shipping their orders.

Ditto here. I've had a couple of orders the last couple of months take quite some time to ship out. Understaffed?

Ditto here. I've had a couple of orders the last couple of months take quite some time to ship out. Understaffed?

I won an auction from CConnect / Metropolis same time (June) last year. Took almost six weeks to get it. Their story to me "Sorry, it's con season. Most of our staff are busy setting up for San Diego".

So yes, they are probably STILL understaffed. :frustrated:

Any idea whether Metros will forward a book straight on to CGC?

CGC don't list them as a partner site.

They might do you the favor but they do not have a discount with CGC.

With that being said, they have helped me send books to Joe Grisola and Matt Nelson who do have the discount.

I don't have a big problem with waiting for my purchase. Having said that they just sent me the wrong OA page from the last auction. :P Anyone missing a Bill Ward piece? To their credit, I just received a call and they will be fixing this immediately. (thumbs u

Same here, 3 books paid for on June 19th and havent received the books or an email stating they have shipped yet :sorry:

They must be reading this thread. Soon as I posted this I got my tracking number. Still 1 month to ship an order is really ridiculous. I spent $200 not $20 but even if I spent $20 it would still be annoying.

They must be reading this thread. Soon as I posted this I got my tracking number. Still 1 month to ship an order is really ridiculous. I spent $200 not $20 but even if I spent $20 it would still be annoying.

Same here! lol

Posted at 4:52, got an email at 4:57 "tendered to fedex". Coincidence??? hm